BootsnAll Travel Network



Random events, Cambodia

Hey you guys!! I only posted serious thing about Cambodia and I don’t want you to belive that this country is boring.
Here are some of the random events that hapend during my stay

I told you already that I had to take a share taxi with 8 people inside, right?? But how are 8 people going to fit in a normal car???
check it out!!!!

8!!.JPG

When I arrived in Phnom Penh, tired and hungry, I decided to go to streets stalls for a real Cambodian meal.
It was a very good noodle soup (available in the whole Asian continent) and it also included a Japanese beer. The girl from the stall though very appropriate to hand me a straw so I could drink my beer with full comfort!

cerveza con pitillo.JPG

I saw as well that she had some boiled eggs to offer. “mmm boiled egg” I thought in delight. I started taking the shell off like you do with a normal boiled egg, and to my surprise
the girl was very concern. She instructed me in the Cambodian art of peeling and here is the next surprise, it wasn’t a normal egg!! First, I noticed some feathers. Then some bony structure and then some kind of a body.
Yes I had in front of me a chicken embryo. The so famous embryos you eat in the Phillipines, but hey I’m in Cambodia!!!
Oh well, after thinking of the situation for half a second…… I ate it 🙂
The taste was alright, but having small feathers in your mouth, well….

pollito.JPG

To finish I’ll show you the way of traveling in Cambodia. Always making the best out of the space we have!! Oh yeah you better know where you want to go and specially how to get there, ‘cuase the drivers don’t have a clue!! I had to have my map out everytime and I was giving the directions!! Odd, hey?

en el tuk-tuk.JPG

I met Jess, Lorraine, Chris and Tom, old friends from Chiang Mai, in Phnom Penh! Great fun guys!! Here getting a lift in a Tuk-Tuk 🙂

guiar al motoman.JPG

Vamos!.JPG



Tags: , , , ,

4 responses to “Random events, Cambodia”

  1. Antonio José says:

    Hello Simon:

    It´s been a while since the last time Silvia “invited” me to surf on the rough waters of your amazing adventure!

    I´ve sent your blog adress to most of my friends an relatives throghout the world to enhance their spirits.

    Congratulations! You´ve made us to dream again though both your magnificent pictures and stories…

    I hope, whenever you´re back, to have a very long chat similar to the one we once had in Villa de Leyva..

    The best of “fucking” luck,

    AJ

  2. Greg says:

    Looks like some good times and good adventures my friend. I love it, keep traveling so that you can put my mind somewhere else! 🙂

    cheers,
    Greg

  3. Marily says:

    Hola:super!!!La estas pasando bueno!!!

  4. Layla says:

    Sweet,sweet,sweet….i still love your stories!!
    How was the new years?
    I’m good so far,started working in the kindergarten…lots of fun 😉
    And the weather in germany is just crazy…summer in april!!I loooooooooovvvveee it!
    Send you a sunny smile,Tschausen Layla*

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *