BootsnAll Travel Network



Beautiful Angkor Wat!!!

WOW!!!!! Three days have passed and I’m still in awe. Angkor Wat is fantastic in size, work, beauty and splendor. The temples, the largest religious complex in the world, were built between the 9th and the 13th century by the Khmer empire, an empire that was spread from Myanmar to Vietnam.
This place was so important that at it’s climax had 1 million inhabitants while London was only a small town with 50.000!!!!

The day began early for me. At 05:30 I was picked up by a driver on a motorbike, who was gonna drive me around the 30 Km area where the main temples are located.
We rushed to Angkor Wat just in time to watch the sunriseover the temple and then to spend something like 2 hours exploring this beauty. It’s massive!!!! The main tower it’s 55 meter high and it represents mount Meru, the mythical Hindu mountain. All towers have the shape of a closed lotus. The external walls are covered with bas-reliefs that tell stories from Vishnu, one of the main Hindu Gods.

1.JPG

2.jpg

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

I then headed to the fortified city of Angkor Thom. I was breathless looking at the faces sculpted on the towers of the Bayon temple.
You have the feeling that someone is looking at you everytime you turn around!!! I loved this place, and couldn’t help walking around it many many times in awe.

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

After that we visited many “small” temples that were as incredible as the other, but I was really facinated when we got to Ta Prohm. Do you remember Indiana Jones??
This temples is cover with trees that grow on top of the walls!! It’s so cool!! 🙂

13.JPG

14.JPG

15.jpg

16.JPG

I spend 13 hours climbing temples, riding a motorbike and getting more and more impressed. It was a fantastic day, and it could only finish with the sunset over Angkor Wat. I loved it, but we didn’t have a wonderful sunset, so I think I’ll have to come back someday 😉 .

I’m gonna let you look at some more pictures, cause my tummy is rumbling and I’m going to eat some nice Thai curry!!!

talk to you soon

SAI

P.S. by the way, I arrived today to Chiang Mai, yes yes again Chiang Mai, and the atmosphere here is vibrat. There’s people already on the streets armed with buckets filled with ice cold water. Today no one got me.
I hope I can get back to the guest house as dry as I am now, fingers cross.

17.JPG

18.JPG

After the next picture you’ll understand why.

19.JPG

20.JPG

21.JPG

22.JPG

23.JPG

24.JPG

Everybody wants a picture with Angkor Wat behind

25.JPG

Including me!!!! 🙂



Tags: , , ,

6 responses to “Beautiful Angkor Wat!!!”

  1. Caña Flecha says:

    Ya puedes ver tu aporte al blog. http://vueltiaomundo.blogspot.com

    Sombrero vueltiao en Giza.
    La vaina pinta chévere.

  2. Carlos says:

    El trajín ya se le ve al pobre sombrerito. Necesita un suplente el pobrecito.
    Muy bien pelao, siga disfrutando del viaje.

  3. Nicolas y Silvia says:

    Oiga mijo, queria contarle que me gradue y comence a trabajar en BMW, Lilo va maniana donde el novio pa ser cruzada.
    Muy bonittico su viaje, me encantan los reportes.
    Un Abrazote

  4. Dave_d says:

    I totally agree! Angkor Wat is great place! It was one of the greatest trips I’ve had.

  5. Angkor Wat Cambodia Travel Guide

    Ruins fascinate a great many people. We stump up hefty sums to fly halfway around the world and marvel at the achievements and mysteries of defunct civilizations, snapping photos and saying “Gosh, isn’t that something?”

  6. Clara says:

    Hey there-

    I just browsed around on google, I visited Cambodia on almost same date you visited there. I just missed it there and wanted to look through the Angkor Wat pictures on google.com and saw this picture. Then I browsed thru your travel blog. I just wanted to say that I truly admire your way of living life 🙂 I just graduated high school and will start traveling right away after college!

    -C

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *