BootsnAll Travel Network



Khumbu Mela in Allahabad

Namaste people!! in the bus to Varanasi someone told me about a huge religious festival called the Khumbu Mela, the biggest festival in the world!!! It’s celebrated every 6 years and every 12 when soem planets and stars are aligned around 12 million people come to this place!!

For me was only the normal one, “only” 2 millions were expected to visit the festival, and when I was there half a million were there. It’s amazing/crazy!!!! When I first arrived, I thought that the lights I was seeing were from the city, but not! It was the camping place!!!

IMG_1586.jpg

It’s a religious fair. An countless number of Ashrams (monasteries), all painted and decorated for the occasion, all the Gurus and Babas and everything related with religion is set for this festival. Something incredible is that everything is made only for this month and it’s set at the Ganges’ beach.

I went for the sunrise, the moment when the mayority of Puja are made and everyone is bathing in the river. The festival takes place in 4 different city along India, and according to the legends are the places where 4 drops of the eternal life nectar fell when the Gods were hidding it from the demons.

I had a great time in this awesome place and learned a lot of hinduism. All the funI had was also thanks to Michal, Shany and Sue, the first two from Israel and the last one from South Africa, that made this experience much nicer, gracias.

I stayed only for one night and I went to Agra, the city from the majestic Taj Mahal, but that’s another story that you’ll be able to read here very soon 😉

until then take care of yourselve and the ones you love

IMG_1624.jpg

IMG_1621.jpg

IMG_1654.jpg

IMG_1682.jpg

IMG_1709.jpg

IMG_1711.jpg

IMG_1761.jpg

IMG_1817.jpg

IMG_1794.jpg

IMG_1829.jpg

IMG_1840.jpg

IMG_1828.jpg

Namaste!

IMG_1841.jpg

IMG_1811.jpg

IMG_1734.jpg

IMG_1774.jpg

YOU are the main event in India!! A circle of people forms around you the moment you stop, they just stare at you an some even ask you if they can take a picture of you!! 🙂

IMG_1723.jpg

Shiva

IMG_1788.jpg

Michal and Shany

IMG_1668.jpg

Samosas que rico!!!



Tags: , ,

2 responses to “Khumbu Mela in Allahabad”

  1. Rob says:

    Some remarkable pictures!

    Watch your white balance at night though. The Canon cameras can get a little crazy on auto sometimes.

    Rob

  2. Micky says:

    About 3 years ago I dropped into a black hole – four months of absolute terror. I wanted to end my life, but somehow [Holy Spirit], I reached out to a friend who took me to hospital. I had three visits [hospital] in four months – I actually thought I was in hell. I imagine I was going through some sort of metamorphosis [mental, physical & spiritual]. I had been seeing a therapist [1994] on a regular basis, up until this point in time. I actually thought I would be locked away – but the hospital staff was very supportive [I had no control over my process]. I was released from hospital 16th September 1994, but my fear, pain & shame had only subsided a little. I remember this particular morning waking up [home] & my process would start up again [fear, pain, & shame]. No one could help me, not even my therapist [I was terrified]. I asked Jesus Christ to have mercy on me & forgive me my sins. Slowly, all my fear has dissipated & I believe Jesus delivered me from my “psychological prison.” I am a practicing Catholic & the Holy Spirit is my friend & strength; every day since then has been a joy & blessing. I deserve to go to hell for the life I have led, but Jesus through His sacrifice on the cross, delivered me from my inequities. John 3: 8, John 15: 26, are verses I can relate to, organically. He’s a real person who is with me all the time. I have so much joy & peace in my life, today, after a childhood spent in orphanages [England & Australia]. God LOVES me so much. Fear, pain, & shame, are no longer my constant companions. I just wanted to share my experience with you [Luke 8: 16 – 17].

    Peace Be With You
    Micky

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *