BootsnAll Travel Network



Agra and the Taj Mahal

Agra?? where is that? Why go there? Well the only but majestic thing there is is the Taj Mahal, one of the most beautiful things I’ve seen

I arrived in Agra at 5 o’clock in the morning, after 9 hours sitting on a wooden bench in a train, freezing my bum and trying to get some sleep, yeah right. At least I met some very nice guy that kept me amused for some hours.

IMG_1847.jpg

Then in Agra I left my backpack at the train station and went strait to see the Taj.
The entry fee is ridiculous!! IRS 750 or 13 Euros!!! I’m living with less than that every day!! but anyway the Taj is the Taj and you have to see it at least once in your life.

You enter the complex and you approach the Taj thru a 350 meters garden. Well it took me at least 3 hours to get to it! It’s so nice that I was just sitting and staring at it for ages! The sunrise wasn’t as nice as I was expecting but it was pretty nice anyway. I met Alejandro, a guy from Costa Rica, and we were chating for a long time. Finally I made it inside the Taj, were you have to wear sleepers not to damage the white marmol. Inside is not as stunning as from the outside, but you still see some very nice cravings on the marmol.
Then after 4 hours and a half I left.

Agra itself has not very much to offer, it’s very busy and dirty, so I stayed in a restaurant resting a little bit, drinking Chai (Tea) and waiting to take my next train to Jaipur that same night.

I left happy from Agra, the Taj Mahal was one of the things I wanted to see in India and I enjoyed as much I could, I hope you can enjoy it at least a little bit here,

namaste
simon =)

IMG_1946.jpg

IMG_2001.jpg

IMG_1972.jpg

IMG_2010.jpg

IMG_2017.jpg

Alejandro, el camello y yo

IMG_2024.jpg

Chai India’s favourite drink



Tags: , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *