BootsnAll Travel Network



HIT HIM WITH THE KNEE!!!!!!

I had never been to a fight before. I had never seen people going up to a ring with the intention to hit and get hitten by each other. I had never felt the adrenaline, the anxiety and the pain, the way you feel it in a Muay Thai fight. Now, I know

_1MG_6848.JPG

Muay Thai, known as Thai Boxing in the western world, has been a tradition in Thailand for hundreds of years, as many other martial arts have been along Asia. There’s trainnig gyms that offer programs from one day to years of trainning. It’s common for kids to practice it, it’s shown on T.V. and Thai love to bet on it.
I walk almost every day thru Tha Phae gate, main gate from Chiang Mai old city, and every time someone hands me a flyer advertising “The best fight of the Year”. Finally I decided to go and see it for myself.

_2MG_6948.JPG

The stadium wasn’t a real stadium, it was more like a ring surrounded by bars and ladyboys where drilling music, only played for the fighting, wouldn’t stop.
Although anoying, the music fit the fighting perfectly because it’s similar to the music you always hear in horror films and it just gave it the perfect killer touch!

The fighting began with a couple of 7 year old kids, which were definatly some of the best fighters I’ve seen. They were the perfect combination because they had no fear, didn’t have the anger that men have, and were full of power. Fight after fight, the fighters became older and older to end up with three real Muay Thai fights, in which two westeners were fighting, one of them won by K.O., the other one flew over the ring after receiving a punch that sounded like a storm.

_3MG_6945.JPG

Fighting is brutal, but I enjoyed it most of the time and I’m happy I was able to see something different from Thai culture I hadn’t yet seen.
The pictures you are going to see now are violent, but were taken in a cultural/learning point of view. I hope no one gets offended.

I send you all my love and good vibes and always wishing the best for all of us

love

SAI

_4MG_6909.JPG

_5MG_6886.JPG

_6MG_6934.JPG

_7MG_7002.JPG

_8MG_6941.JPG

_9MG_6953.JPG

_MG_7008.JPG

_MG_7020.JPG

BANG!!!!

_MG_7071.JPG

Fighting in the dark



Tags: , ,

2 responses to “HIT HIM WITH THE KNEE!!!!!!”

  1. Silvia Uribe says:

    Hola Simon:nrCada dia que estas viviendo y nos estas haciendo vivir se vuelve mas interesante, increible cada cosa que existe en este mundo, que rico que nos estes compartiendo todo este mundo tan interesante.nrBesosnrSilvia

  2. Kalliopi says:

    Hallo my friend!It has been a long time!Your trip is amazing and the fotos too!And from the replies i see you have made a lot of new friends!I am very happy for you!Thanx for the breeze of fresh air!Many kisses

  3. Will says:

    Namaste Simon!!

    Tio que fotos!! Me das muchisima envidia, yo habria querido ir a una pelea tambien a tirar fotos……la que se llama BANG es Im-pre-sio-Nante….y la del ojo de pez, en la que puedes ver el movimiento de piernas y brazos…..felicidades amigo!!

    Estoy en Dharamsala ahora, me he conseguido un carne de prensa y me cuelo en todos los monasterios tibetanos…ya veras las fotos 🙂

    Un abrazo y toda la suerte del mundo, companiero aventurero.

    W

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *