BootsnAll Travel Network



Anniversary of La Paz!

_MG_3139.JPG

Bueno, as I got to La Paz I discovered that it would soon be it´s anniversary on the 16th of July!! That only meant one thing: parade!!

In the meantime, La Paz is super! The mountains surrounding it are beautiful and majestic! The city is chaotic, messy and with lots of traffic but ALIVE! You can feel it breathing as you walk through it´s street. Women selling freshly squeezed orange juice for almost nothing, indigenous men selling handicrafts and young kids with their heads sticking out of the windows of minibuses shouting the route are only some examples of this loud and charming city!

_MG_3524.JPG

_MG_3531.JPG

_MG_3548.JPG

_MG_3295.JPG

As the 16th came closer, there were Bolivian flags all over the place, markets, squares and streets all paited in red, yellow and green. Of course there were police everywhere, I mean it is South America after all…

_MG_3233.JPG

_MG_3476.JPG

The night of the parade there were SO many people that it was almost impossible to see anything. Anyway, good vibes, free concerts and loud marching 🙂

_MG_3280.JPG

_MG_3266.JPG

_MG_3500.JPG

_MG_3253.JPG

Spending the afternoon in the main square, Plaza de Murillo, was fantastic. It is like every ethnic group in Bolivia walking by. Everyone is smiling, eating snacks or playing with the pidgeons!

_MG_3144.JPG

_MG_3148.JPG

_MG_3153.JPG

_MG_3215.JPG

_MG_3218.JPG

La Paz was great, except for an incident involving a thief, police and an almost stolen bag that I prefer not to talk about.
Cobbled streets, busy markets, cool museums and interesting people, I´d definetely recommend it! Saimon approved 🙂

_MG_3057.JPG

_MG_3033.JPG

_MG_3220.JPG

_MG_3079.JPG



Tags: , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *