BootsnAll Travel Network



MORE SUPPORT!

Yes it’s a day full of suprises! Laxmi has bestowed a lot of abundance on us today.

I am proud to announce another supporter of Himalayan Healers. Jim Applington and Santosh Gupta, owners of Lotus Gallery will donate a percentage to Himalayan Healers for each painting sold.

Jim and Santosh, have a unique art gallery in the heart of Thamel. They have sacred contemporary and traditional art (thangkas) from Tibet and Nepal. The artists are amazing, they experiment with different styles and techniques that is uncommon for Tibetan and Nepali artists. Most people, who are familiar with Tibetan art think of religious paintings, made by monks that are taught these ancient skills of thangka painting.

Trust me, if you’ve been to this corner of the world, people stick to traditions like white on rice, which is all very well and good, but to see something different than the deity on another louts, this is outside the proverbial box.

So, if you ever get a chance, when in Kathmandu, it is a must see and buy. You will not see this type of work anywhere. There are some amazing pieces, with strong energy, and you immediately develop a relationships when you walk in to their gallery. You immediately find a few that you absolutely must have. Howevery, like all greats works of orginal paintings, they are not dirt cheap like a lot of things in Thamel. I have not have the honor of purchasing the paintings, but soon, soon, I will have to get one, before all my new favorite one’s disappear.

So, if you are in Thamel, and are reading this, please tell them Sharmila, from the Himalayan Healers healing arts school sent you. That way Lotus Gallery will know to make a donation from your purchases in our name.

Please check out their website to see the latest paintings by some of the most talented artists to emerge from Tibet and Nepal.



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *