BootsnAll Travel Network



Here I Go Again…..

On my own. So thing shave been kinda hectic over here at sharkfin central. By roomate here in Shanghai, picked up and flew down to the Philippines last night for 3 weeks or so. For anyone out there who is considering a trip to the Philippines or if this will make someone think about it, make sure to check out Cebu Pacific Air. They have a huge sale on seats now if you are leaving from within Asia. Also once you get there it seems there domestic flights are extremely cheap as well.

So why would Big Oaks leave the Shang for the Philippines you may ask? There are a number of reasons. The first is probably the fact that Shanghai has 0 beaches while the 7000 islands of the ‘Pines probably has a little bit more than Shanghai. You see Shanghai is like any big city in the world, just a little weird sometimes. Oaks was looking for something a little more underdeveloped. I think I am too. Not that I’m not feeling the hustle and bustle of the big city.

As such, I have decided to hijack my plans of living and working in Shanghai and will be leaving to Vietnam in a couple weeks time. Now as long as my job doesnt completely F me on the pay and what not Ill be ok. If they decide to screw me well it will be interesting.

Why do I feel the need to go and see South East Asia? Simple. I have to see it now. It won’t be here in a couple years the way it is today. Moreover, I have to be able to see these places my own way. I don’t want to have to consult a how to travel with kids website in order to see the world. I remember, and I know my parents love retelling this story, that When I was about 10 or so my parents took me to Paris. How lucky was I. How many 10 years olds get to see Paris. Instead I bombarded my parents of a weeks worth of can we go to Euro Disney. Kids are ungrateful, or at least I was, and traveling and seeing the world is one of the greatest privileges I know. That being said, Im taking off for ‘Nam for a little while. The rough plan now is to start in Hanoi, head south to Saigon to meet up with a friend of mine who will be living there, cut through Cambodia, make it into Thailand where I will be meeting up with some other people, check out thailand for a while then up to Laos, and finally return to Shanghai to earn some more money before I am sure the next travel bug decides to hit me.



Tags: , , ,

2 responses to “Here I Go Again…..”

  1. Elliott says:

    That’s exciting! I hope you have a great time in Vietnam. Can you write something about how different Vietnam is from China? I’m dying to hear the comparison!

  2. admin says:

    Thats a good idea Elliot. I will definitely be doing some comparisons throughout my trip.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *