BootsnAll Travel Network



Winter In Shanghai

So I know its been a while and I probably should post more about my trip (which I will soon) but first things first. So there’s a giant snowstorm ripping through China now. And by giant I mean sometimes it snows a little bit and the ground gets wet, and sometime a little snow stays on the ground. For a rugged Canadian such as myself, I’ve been here before. For the Chinese….wow.

First off, for the snow on the ground, there doesn’t seem to be any shovels. So naturally, the snow is being removed using brooms, made of tree branches. Needless to say this isn’t the most efficient process.
Additionally, it is not uncommon to see grown men, children, whoever, building snowmen. The looks on their faces is of pure joy.
Chinese Snowman

With all this snow excitement I’m sure Shanghai’s indoor ski hill will be buzzing. How do I know there’s some excitement about this? Well I may have gotten myself into trouble. You see I tutor a Chinese kid, and for some reason lied to the mother about my skiing skills. Well I think she wants me to take her son skiing. I think Ive skied twice in my life, maybe 3 times. Maybe I should make an injury up. Or up the odds and tell her there is no point in skiing indoors. We should go for the real thing with a trip to the Rockies, I could use a Colorado Vacation. They can afford it.

Besides this, the country is in utter chaos. I mean, this is some tragic shit. This is the kind of stuff that grounds a technologically starved ever expanding country down. Forget about growth estimates, forget about currency, forget about trade. Nature has a way of going beyond all of that. What good is a growth estimate of 12% if the country can not handle a little snow.

On a semi related note, of which I’ll probably spend an entire blog about, but anyways if you click on that link above, look at that number. 177 million people are expected to travel y train. 177. Mind boggling.



Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *