BootsnAll Travel Network



Florence, Italy

We’re a few hours away from catching a train to Rome, which will conclude our brief stop in Europe. We spent the last few days walking around Florence, seeing Michealangelo’s “David”, and eating lots of good Italian food.

We ate two of our best dinners, thus far on the trip, in Florence. The first night we ate at a local establishment called Osteria Vineria Brincello. We were served by these two crazy guys named Max and Gabry. Max, unfortunately, had to say goodbye the day before to his girlfriend from Spokane, WA. He was a little sad when we got there but happy to meet someone else from Washington state. The food was simple, fresh, and tasty and was just what we were in the mood for.

For our second dinner we ate at “All Aqua al Due”, which has two restaurants in the world… one in Florence and the other in San Diego, CA. They’re known for their balsamic steak, which we each had, it was good but was a little tart after eating the whole steak.

This morning we went to the Accademia Gallery where the David is on display. I didn’t know what to expect, but I have to say it was amazing. My only suggestion would have been a loin cloth for David since he was a little overexposed for my taste. Shelly and I just sat there and looked at the statue for a good 15 minutes. If you are ever in Florence, I would recommend a quick stop to see it.

O.K., we have to run because my Internet session is about to run out of time. We’ll post again after spending some time in Rome.



Tags:

4 responses to “Florence, Italy”

  1. Amrei says:

    Hi Shelly! Scott Wheeler sent me your link a while ago and I have been reading every single word for the past weeks….so amazing. I wish I could jump on a plane and follow your route.

    Enjoy and travel safely!!
    Best wishes,

    Amrei

    p.s. Sad news…AZN is shutting down April 9 🙁

  2. Nathan called yesterday from Cairo, Egypt while looking at the pyramids! They begin their cruise down the Nile today. For those of you who have not heard, the blog has not been updated recently due to a major technical snafu. The fiber-optic cable that transmits the web to Africa and parts of India lies under the Medditeranean Sea and was severed. Can you imagine our internet crashing? It may take up to a week to repair so be patient and continue to check in…they will return to the blog ASAP. Until then, all is well and they are having a great time!

  3. Cheryll says:

    Hey there!
    I was just missing Italy and my favorite restraunt I’Brincello, so I googled it and came across your journal.
    I’m Max’s girlfriend Cheryll from Spokane WA!
    How funny!!!
    Oh boy do I miss him. Isn’t he a fun and great guy. We talk on the phone every chance we can get. I wish I could go back. I love it there. Who knows…I just might.
    I want to read more about your trip. Contact me if you’d like.

  4. jamila says:

    Nate! Your trip sounds amazing! I’m so jealous. I’m going to check out some of your suggestions in Italy when I go in the spring! Travel safely!

    Best Regards,

    Jamila

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *