BootsnAll Travel Network



Aguas Calientes, Peru

IMG_0365.jpg

We arrived this morning to a wet and dreary Aguas Calientes, a small town nestled in the Andes Mountains and the staging point for trips to Machu Picchu. Given the poor weather we decided to stay in town and wait until our guide shows us the ruins tomorrow morning. We spent most of the afternoon getting unpacked, eating lunch, and shopping at the local stands.

The room I reserved a few months back is perfect. We have full balcony overlooking the nearby river and the view of the surounding mountains is amazing.

View from our hotel room balcony

Since we have not seen Machu Picchu, there is not too much to write about other than we made it safely and are very exited about tomorrow morning.



Tags:

2 responses to “Aguas Calientes, Peru”

  1. Anna Banana says:

    Thank you for the hair accessories. I use them all the time.
    I bet you guys are having tuns of fun traveling the world, even though your journey has just begun.
    I am now twelve, and we are all doing well. We hope to see you sometime this year. Maybe summer, and you can tell us all about your trip and show us pictures.
    Adios,
    Anna Banana

    HUGS!!!

  2. If you’re still in Aguas Calientes have dinner at Feliz India. I was there several years ago, but I think its still open.

    Its run by a French guy and his Indian wife. The best food we had in the entire country.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *