BootsnAll Travel Network



Prague through the 5 senses

Dobry dén! 

A few other thoughts on Prague before I forget them forever with these crazy new sights in Hungary (or Magyaraszág, as the locals keep trying to tell us.  We keep telling them that it was the Huns that conquered you, so it shouldn’t be named after the Magyar people). 

First off despite our hostel’s convenient location in the Cabaret/Red Light district in Prague, it still managed to be a safe and pleasant neighborhood.  After Spain, the rest of Prague was a change for all five senses as follows:

Sight: I would say Prague as an overall city looked like a Goth loving teenager who had recently realized that he enjoys getting a tan.  All of the stone work was covered in a black, grimey soot looking material, but then had all these bronze and gold accents that gave it an interesting Damascene feel. 

Sound: Every day at our hostel we woke up to the delightful tunes of Czech rap, which, though better than French rap, still doesn’t quite work for me.

Taste: Maybe the biggest difference from Spain, the beer in Prague is amazing.  I had this dark beer called Kozol one night only, because everywhere else we went it was always sold out. But their other beers are terrific too, and cheap.  A half liter was about a 1.10 dollars, and was amazing.  We also found a bottle of Spanish wine for 29 korunas, or about a 1.50, which was also very good, and cheaper than the wine we found in Spain.

Feel: It was generally colder than Spain (next to the Alps, landlocked, and much further north–who woulda thought?), and apparently always rainy.  The street vendors had rain gear to cover up their stuff in a moments notice, though the showers didn’t last too long.

Smell: Great.  A class act, all the way

In conclusion, Prague was a city of contrasts.  The end

Alex out.



Tags:

One response to “Prague through the 5 senses”

  1. Jason says:

    “We keep telling them that it was the Huns that conquered you, so it shouldn’t be named after the Magyar people.”

    Now that is some funny stuff. Good work!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *