BootsnAll Travel Network



Into the Countryside.

After Prague, Alex and I made our way about 3.5 hours south to the little sleepy village of Cesky Krumlov. This town was one of my absolute favorite thus far in the trip. The guidebook says the hardest thing about it is leaving, and I would have to agree. Although we only got a few days there, I felt attatched to the place.

Cesky Krumlov was just what we needed after our time in the city. Its extremely relaxing, surrounded by beautiful hillsides, a rushing river curving through it, and has only one sight to see. We basically had lots of time just to relax and enjoy the slower pace of life.

Our hostel, although up many flights of steps, was so cute, we had it basically to ourselves, it opened up into a wonderful stone patio and a yard with views of the countryside. We spent quite a bit of time just enjoying being outside in the fresh air, it reminded me of the tranquility of my grandmothers on Lake Santa Fe. We spent the rest of our time wandering the little streets dining on terraces, finding a great english bookstore!, horseback riding, and exploring the castle…Now, before I go any further. The guidebook describes the castle here as towering above the city. It made it seem like the hogwarts castle, but more awesome. The krumlov castle is neither big nor towering. In fact its kind of nestled within the city. The church tower I think is taller, so we are still a little bewildered by that. But in anycase, it was still beautiful, still had real life bears guarding the entrance in a moat, and still had a great tower for us to climb.

As I mentined before, we also got the chance to go horseback riding which was great. The countryside around krumlov is rolling hills and forests, and we got to explore areas we never would have made it to on foot which was awesome.

This city along with puerta vallarta, capri, and a few others has made my list of little places I would someday retire and open a guest house.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *