BootsnAll Travel Network



Palenque

After a mad week in Mexico City, meeting loads of nice people at Hostel Amigo, I´ve now found myself one week into a two week tourist trip across Mexico. This is not how I intended to travel and can only be attributed to not reading the brochure properly(!), but despite the stupid big yellow bus and being lead round by the nose in a large group the people on the whole are really nice and we´ve covered a lot of ground.

The main itinierary has gone something like this:
Mexico City
Teotihuacan (pyramids of the Sun and Moon)
Puebla
Oaxaca
Monte Alban (ruins)
Tehuantepec
San Cristobal de la Casas
Agua Azul (Blue Water waterfalls)
Palenque (town and ruins)

Palenque Ruins
Palenque Ruins

Of all of these places San Cristobal has so far been the stand out place for me, and definitely one that I´ll return to should I come back this way after the tour.

At present the plan is to end the tour in Merida (not Cancun due to hurricane Wilma) and get a bus down to Belize with a couple of the guys on the tour. I will continue this nonsense when my brain’s awake and add some commentary about my travels, for now I´m just trying to keep a record of what I´ve done.



Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *