BootsnAll Travel Network



A week in Mexico City

I thought I’d only stay in the bewildering metropolis that is Big Bad Mexico City for a couple nights, prefering to escape for most of the week to a nearby place more chilled. However the fear subsides after a night or two and the madness of the place becomes quite infectious. I ended up loving the city and moved round the corner from my hotel into Hostel Amigo, where I’d been hanging out each evening meeting other backpackers at their bar.

Discovering the hostel was the best piece of luck I could have had as I finished a week in the city armed with more good info and advice than Lonely Planet can provide, and lots of nice people that I’ve met that I hope to meet up with again at some point.

The Streets of Mexico City
The mean streets of Mexico City

Walking the streets of the city was enough to amuse me for some time, it has that hectic market place feel of Glastonbury festival. Despite that I did manage to take in a few sites as well including the Anthropology museum, Frieda Kahlo’s house/museum, checked out Trotskys’ pad (bit of a luxury fortress for a ‘man of the people’ though he had good reason which the ice pick in the back of the head proved), and took in the views of the city from it’s tallest building, the Latino Americano skyscraper – what a good little tourist I am.



Tags: , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *