BootsnAll Travel Network



My happy buttocks

Monday I left Guatemala and went across the border into Mexico, stopped in San Cristobal once again for a couple nights before making the long trek over to Guadalajara. After two bus trips, conversations with a Zapatista rebel sat next to me on the bus and around 24 hours of travel I finally made it to Guadalajara.

Fountain in Guadalajara
Fountain in the centre of Guadalajara

Xmas was a blur of drinking, sightseeing, markets, bars, British comedy shows and bowling (!) with my old friend Gwyn.

Kingpin Gwyn
Kingpin Gwyn

Sarita had returned to LA for a few days so it was very much a boys xmas, though we had to behave on xmas eve as we’d been invited to one of Gwyn’s friends Jose’s family house for dinner. Xmas eve is a much more family orientated affair here in Mexico, with hardly any bars open, quite a change to England.

Happy buttocks!
A pair of happy buttocks!

Sarita returned on my birthday so we hit the town. One bar served cocktails called ‘happy buttocks’ of which Gwyn and myself drank quite a few. Gwyn remembers us entering the bar quietly talking politics and culture, then exiting the bar shouting about female ejaculation – happy buttocks indeed! The night ended with a traditional act of smashing a pinata, for which I adopted the persona of a crazed madman, much to the disturbance of Gwyn (and myself in the morning when he played back the video!)

The Tweetie Pie Massacre, disturbing!
The Tweetie Pie Massacre, disturbing!



Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *