BootsnAll Travel Network



Come forth and multiply, but not on my face

Well not much to report, other than having a lovely time on the mexican beaches of the pacific coast – it´s all sun, sea and sand in every orifice. The British girls that have been my companions for the last week or so have all departed now, so it leaves me with a day or so to chill here before heading back to Mexico City to catch my flight to Brasil.

The end of last week, and the weekend were spent in Zipolite, a bit of a hippie beach village with random naked people at the nudey end of the beach. This is all very well, but when the girls turned round to find one unsavoury character brazenly masturbating while watching them you can´t help but think the place is full of ol´dirty bastards. Speaking of wankers, I managed to fall asleep in my hammock, covered by a blanket all apart from my face, only to wake in the night to find that the mozzies have had a damn good feast on my forehead. The next couple days were spent resembling The Elephant Man, a mistake I hope not to repeat!

Monday we moved on up the coast a little to Mazunte, which is even smaller and less commercially developed than Zipolite, which is saying something. The water is warm and beautiful, and unlike the deathly riptide in Zipolite, you can swim here without fear of being swept away. I think Zipolite actually means ´beach of the dead´ due to it´s strong currents that regularly take peoples lives. On a lighter note, Mazunte means something like´come forth and multiply,´ though it doesn´t refer to the naked hippies, but to the turtles that come here in their thousands each year to lay their eggs. Went to visit the turtle aquarium and saw many different species and sizes – they send their love.

If all goes to plan I should be in Brasil by Monday so I´ll say adios for now, and write again when I´m in the southern hemisphere.



Tags: , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *