BootsnAll Travel Network



Flying Update From North Vietnam

We’ve crash landed in Hanoi, and without a moment to catch our breath we’ve booked ourselves to Cats Ba Island, Halong Bay. From there I plan to hire a boat to take me to some rocks to climb, and we’ll likely enjoy a bit of beach and scenery. I hope the weather holds out.

Not a massive amount has happened since our last update but we will give you the full details plus watch this space for the Hoi An Catwalk! With me and Laura strutting our stuff and showing off our latest clothes that we had made up and have now sent home (so very sad to see them go, now we want to go home so we can wear them all!).

It’s late and we have yet another early start tomorrow. No doubt there will be Internet access on the island so we should be able to update the website within the next few days, but if we can’t then we’ll do so as soon as we get back to Hanoi.

Love to all,
Rupert and Laura x



Tags: ,

3 responses to “Flying Update From North Vietnam”

  1. Vanessa says:

    Watch out for the Monkeys! If you trip to Monkey Island on a little Sanpan (Vietnamese fishing boat) whilst on Cat Ba then you better watch out… Yep the big fat red boss monkey will bite! Laura – keep Rupert under control (it bit my exboyfriend – oops may be that’s why he went mad and we split up!).

    Hugs V

  2. jenna h says:

    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i xant get hold of you please email me new adress glad to here your having an aqmazing time guys i dont know what i was scred of i love it xxxxx

  3. Rupert says:

    Aaaahh!!!! Despite there being nothing to it, you’ll find it an impossible task to try and convince anyone else that – the reality of travelling back home seems so demanding, yet it couldn’t be further from the truth! Perhaps once a upon a time when the tourist scene wasn’t so huge things we’re more challenging to arrange, but now it’s hard not to find a bargain price and hop on a bus to the nearest Nirvana.

    Laura’s emailed you, but in case you don’t get that; we’re in Vientaine, Laos, and will be travelling around Laos until the 19th November. Then we head to North Thailand and we’ll be there for about a week until we fly to India.

    Let us know your plans, perhaps we can meet in Laos or North Thailand?

    Take care, have fun and see you soon! x x x

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *