BootsnAll Travel Network



Guest Blog #3: Guest Blog

Yes, I suppose I could have come up with a more creative title, but that pretty much sums it up. I’m a longlonglongtime friend of Melanie’s and am myself a terrible host. But I am the ultimate guest. Lucky for me, Melanie and Brendan are just the opposite.
From after-school homework gatherings in high school to back-yard blowouts at the ‘Brel Grotto’, nobody throws a party like these two.

They finished bartending school – how about party featuring the entire cocktail list from class? Engaged in Mexico – how about an engagement party featuring a mariachi band – in their house? Christmas party? Cheese ‘balls’ lovingly sculpted like little Christmas trees. Heck – they even came over to throw my housewarming party. That’s dedication.

Melanie has been known to cook elaborate feasts including little details like crackers she’s baked herself. And Brendan, who has DJ’d around the globe, keeps the music coming all night long. That and works the room, fills the glasses and makes a mean spring roll.

The guest list often includes ‘strays’ – random people they’ve come across who are new to town, new to the neighbourhood, sometimes even from a shop they visited or from the next table at a restaurant. Little do those people know how lucky they are to be added to the mix. In fact, more than one couple that has met at one of these shindigs has since tied the knot.

What does this have to do with the Ultimate Job? Well the successful candidates will be putting themselves into the shoes of Runaway Brides and Grooms all over the globe. What would throwing a party here be like? Even if it’s an intimate party of 2 – those wedding couples and honeymooners want to be sure it can be absolutely perfect.

Food. Drink. Experiences. People. Large groups. Romantic solitude. Brel won’t ever just be guests at these incredible spots – though the hotels might believe them to be. They are Hosts by nature. It’s what they do. And every Bride and Groom considering these spots will see them through the eyes of folk who throw the perfect party over and over again. Who could be better for the job?
Now if only I could find a way to get invited…

(Melanie Cote)
mel2.jpg



Tags:

Leave a Reply