BootsnAll Travel Network



BREL in Training

The Ultimate Job conjures up visions of endless beaches, spa-testing, hammock-swinging, glasses of bubbly and lavish gourmet meals. And yes, of course, there is a real thrill at the idea of being on Oprah, being outfitted by designers, having a private butler and getting international media attention.

But during all the fun we’ve been having this past month, we’ve never lost sight of the fact that the Ultimate Job is an actual JOB. It isn’t a contest with a prize at the end of it. Or a 6-month vacation on a beach (or a series of beaches, as the case may be).

The successful candidates will have assignments to complete, real deliverables to deliver, deadlines to meet and office politics to manage. There will be engaging blogs to write, videos to shoot and edit, travel articles for the Irish Times to write; there will be media appearances, wedding package planning, interviews with top hoteliers, and yes, of course, one with Oprah.

We’ve always approached the Ultimate Job as a Job – with a fun recruiting process (and fabulous by-product publicity for RBG), but it is still a Job – with a capital J.

That said, we’ve been training for the sexier parts of the Ultimate job – and practicing our video and editing skills. Enjoy!



Tags:

Leave a Reply