BootsnAll Travel Network



Is it steamy in here or what?

The people at my hotel are so nice. This morning, I met a guy named Carlos who works there and served me breakfast. More medialunas…He was really nice, and told me about the things to do in Sáenz Peña and how to get to the places.

I went for a walkabout town today and found the Complejo Termal, the Thermal Complex. I checked out the prices, and for 30 pesos (a mere $10), I got to use the Turkish sauna (5 pesos), a mineral bath (5 pesos), and a 40 minute massage (20 pesos). Sheesh, I couldn´t resist!

The complex is huge. It spans a few stories high. I don´t know much about the history or anything, but it´s supposed to be an important place in Argentina. The people who work there are really nice as well. The nurse took my blood pressure first. Then I hit the turkish sauna. I had a room to myself. It was so nice to decompress. I stayed in the sauna for about an hour, sweating my brains out.

I took a quick shower after that, then they filled a mineral bath for me. They have many private rooms with a tub in it for the mineral baths. You soak in it for about 20 minutes, then lay down on the bed to rest for a bit. The bath was so nice and hot. My arms and legs wanted to float since it was rich in salts. When I got out of the bath, my body felt heavy. My body tingled all over. I had to lay down for some 10 minutes before my massage.

The massage was good. I´ve had better. But for 20 pesos (about $7), I can´t complain! It was kind of weird because you just get naked in front of the lady, you must have no shame. You get on the table, then she covers your butt with a tiny cloth…barely. You also get a butt massage out of it as well. I guess that´s standard? The massage was just on the backside. When all is done, she takes the cloth off of your butt and you´re completely in the buff with the lady still in the room. And you get dressed in front of her. ¿Maybe that´s normal down here…?

I left the complex a bit woozy, ready to fall asleep. But I wanted to walk about town as well. I went the wrong way and found the edges of town where there are no paved roads and it is more country/suburbia. I turned around to head to the bus station to inquire about busses to Salta for tommorrow night.

The plan for tomorrow…go to the zoo in the morning, spend the day there, then hop on the bus for Salta at 8pm…should get to Salta around 6am, try to hop on a bus to Jujuy from there.



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply