BootsnAll Travel Network



In the beginning…

No Spanish for this entry…too lazy for now…plus, trying to figure out these keyboards!

July 23, 2005 – Sat

6:20pm. I am here at DFW, waiting for my connection to BsAs. I will board in about 30 minutes…

Airports are interesting. In Austin, the clientelle were many a blonde, fake busty women with sun damaged skin. Those ever so popular straw cowboy hats you see the trendy people wearing…were rampant at ABIA. As well as the occassional Stetson.

In DFW…well, maybe it is the fact that I am at an international terminal…regardless, I still see the straw hats. There are two women in their mid to late 40s both wearing pink straw cowboy hats. And now, two little girls with felt lobster hats with its claws sticking above their heads. and here we go — the blonde lady in her 50s, who is almost as dark as I am. always interesting to see the mix of people at the airport.

On another note, I either swallowed too much nasty lake water this morning (went wakeboarding) or my subconscious nerves got the best of me. I was fine, until we landed at DFW…as I waited at the back of the airplane to get off, I got an intestinal cramp. As always, it takes people forever to get off the plane. I hit the Skytrans — a train that takes you to other terminals, found my terminal, and ran for the bathroom.

This is not a good way to start a 10.5 hour flight! Luckily, I had my meds on me. I{m only 45 minutes away from home and already broke out the Immodium!



Tags:

Leave a Reply