BootsnAll Travel Network



and the good life continues…

Still in Goa, still at the beach, still as white as paper.  Ive been very good about slathering on the sunscreen and staying under the umbrellas at the beach.

I spent all last week in Candolim where I met several travellers and one very nice taxi driver.  If you’re looking for a nice, relaxing time…go to Candolim, it’s very quiet and stay at Tropicano Beach Resort.  It’s a nice little place with courtyard rooms around a garden and less than 5 minutes walk to the beach. To be honest I’m so relaxed I’m not even sure if there is anything to write.

Last week my new friend Nicky, the taxi driver, took me on a tour around this part of the state.  We went to an old church where a saint’s body rests (Frances Xavier), to a couple of Hindu temples and an organic spice plantation where I had a taste of the cashew finny (aka rocket fuel).

I was my usual cynical self inside the church, but once we got to the temples I started to become a bit overwhelmed.  Before you could even enter the temples you had to cleanse your feet.  Seeing these people practicing their faith that pre-dates the written word just got to me.  At the second temple, dedicated to Vishnu, I started to cry.  I suppose it was because, when it comes to religion, I’ve rejected everything that I’ve been brought up on, it just doesn’t make sense to me.  But the energy of these temples were powerful and it got to me. 

…….

Today I moved to Anjuna where the hippies left over from the sixites are trying to hold on to the past and the new hippes are trying to recapture something they’ve never known. 

Oh yeah, and it’s as hot a blue blazes here.



Tags:

One response to “and the good life continues…”

  1. Heather Wells says:

    Glad you’re still safe, happy and hot. Cold weatehr finally made its way into Atlanta.
    kisses

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *