BootsnAll Travel Network



Three week adventure/volunteer trip to the Galapagos

 

 

 Lead-Adventures, Ecuador offers a three week immersion program volunteering in the Galapagos.  It’s designed for the tribal traveller that wants to experience the Galapagos from a different perspective while taking an adventure that includes oversea journeys between Santa Cruz, San Cristobal, and Isabella! 

 Fruit and vegetables- The new dawn of pirates in the Galapagos

As a result of a lack of fruit and vegetable production on the Galapagos Islands, boats from the Ecuadorian mainland unload fruits and vegetables to hotels, restaurants, and markets on a daily basis. Quarantine regulations are consistently ignored and at least two exotic and/or invasive plant or faunal species enter the islands each day. The Biological Station has worked to develop reforestation, habitat reconstruction, and agro forestry activities utilizing native species for the last 18 years throughout Ecuador.

 Volunteers will work on both the habitat restoration and agricultural components while at the reserve. In addition foundation staff will lead volunteers on various destination hikes to a nearby lagoon, native forests, beaches, and local villages to explain the ecological and human dynamic of Galapagos. Opportunities to work on group research and monitoring projects are available.

                                          

    For the Adventurist…… 

The Three weeks is split between exploring the Islands and volunteering.  The first week is designed so that your first three days are spent exploring the beaches and wildlife on the islands.  At the end of the week you volunteer for two days on Santa Cruz and then have a day off to dive, kayak, and find other activities such as biking and hiking.                                            

 The second week is spent on Santa Cruz volunteering at The Jutan Sacha Biological Reserve.  You will stay in Safari like accommodations in the reserves group accommodation.  The reserve is a community and other volunteers will join you while your days are split between morning and afternoon shifts eliminating foreign threats to native species of plants and repoplulating plants choked out by these threats!  

 galapagos-experience_4.jpggalapagos-experience_44.jpggalapagos-experience_46.jpg galapagos-experience_47.jpg 

Relax and enjoy Isabella 

After working hard and volunteering on San Cristobal, the last week is spent exploring and soaking up the sights and sounds of Isabella.  Three days of tours to the Tourise Breeding Center, the Wall of tears, and the nearby Volcano are followed by two days off to spend at your leisure. 

 

 

For information and details about the program, dates, costs, and other options such as diving, snorkeling, and say trips, contact me through savvytravellergalapagos@gmail.com 

You can also sign up to follow the newest trip going in August here!

http://globetrooper.com/three-week-volunteer-adventure-trip-to-the-galapagos-2010

 



Tags: , , , , ,

16 responses to “Three week adventure/volunteer trip to the Galapagos”

  1. adolph says:

    79.Hiya, I am really glad I have found this information. Nowadays bloggers publish only about gossips and net and this is actually annoying. A good web site with interesting content, this is what I need. Thank you for keeping this web site, I’ll be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Cant find it.

  2. sharif sultan says:

    Me encantan los productos estadounidenses y las compras en eBay. Me encontré con un servicio de reenvío de correo de los EE.UU.. Se llama myusaparcel.com y sus tasas de reenvío de correo son muy baratos, y su agente es realmente útil. He hecho negocios dos veces y estaba contento con él. Yo pedí el servicio en myusaparcel.com, pero usted puede enviarlas por correo electrónico a myusparcel@aol.com.

  3. cancer says:

    After this I gotta take a jog but I will be back to read your blog later it is very refreshing the way you write!

  4. I simply want to say I’m newbie to blogging and honestly liked your web-site. More than likely I’m planning to bookmark your site . You surely come with fabulous article content. Appreciate it for revealing your web-site.

  5. Williampleme says:

    100% completely free dating sites
    [url=”http://datingsitesfirst.com/?”]nude dating site[/url]

  6. [url=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUf6XURWdjy1Do2X_XOC9Uw]Накрутка Twitch Зрителей[/url]

  7. Finasteride 1 Mg 5 Mg Propecia

  8. ponsise says:

    ajanta kamagra oral jelly is kamagra safe over the counter kamagra

  9. Orgarturn says:

    It described his treatment of patients with the aim of protecting them against one of the greatest global infectious diseases smallpoxthen known by several names including variola from the Latin word for pimples which is now the scientific name for the virus germ that causes the disease. Ykzdhp Prednisone

  10. Cintele says:

    contraindicaciones del viagra Auscet plaquenil online Baclofene Association

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *