BootsnAll Travel Network



Pool Party

It was 107 degrees today here in Vegas.  It’s a dry heat, but still, 107 makes normally cool white cement scalding.   Getting to the pool past the numerous lounge chairs poolside is comic, and the bottoms of my feet are going to peel.     After a margarita or two I took to just walking across the tops of empty loungers instead of using the ground.  

After parking myself in Jen and Dorothy’s room until someone would go down to the pool with me, I finally convinced them, and before long, nearly all of us had re-gathered at one of the pools for a day of just hanging out.  It was great.   Drinking margaritas, coronas, and just hanging out catching up was so much fun.   We had some nice company too, Rob and Dan, who graciously offered us the space in the first place.    A perfect activity, all said, in and out of the pool, for the temperature.

So, fabulous day.   I had a red eye flight back to New York, which meant I was leaving a little early, which sounded like a good idea at the time I booked it.  But, I was sorry for it before I left.   I was having a great time.   Because we were all having such a good time at the pool party, we carried it inside to one of the bars until I had to leave. 

And yes, my flight karma had turned around.  On the way back, I was upgrade to first class, sat beside Larry Holmes (who was a very funny man), and got to NY early.

Home sweet apartment.

Tags: , , , ,



Leave a Reply