BootsnAll Travel Network



you’re evil – like a hobbit

Today is errand day/oscar day (I rented children of men which is the big best pic snub, and I’m thinking of seeing either the queen/ last king of scotland later if I get everything else done). Which is a lot, since I’m now leaving for Belfast in 2 days, and have TONS to get done before then. Which I am doing pretty well on, as I got up before 7am today. Why, may you ask? Nightmares. I kid you not. I haven’t had nightmares in ages – certainly not the ‘get out of bed turn on all the lights in the house’ kind. Was it worry about everything to do today?  Pre-trip anxiety? Indigestion (you’re more gruyere than grave? more gruel than ghoul? What’s the line?) Anyhoo- it turns out I can’t go to rathlin island, as it is the wrong season (that makes it the 2nd thing I wanted to see to be crossed off my list due to it being winter). I can still go to Wexford though, where the birds actually congregate in winter instead of summer. I went to the dublin tourist office today and got a map of the wicklow way, a heritage pass card, and a funny little book of Irish songs (there was a whole line of the – devilish Irish quotes some gobshite in the pub mentioned, feckin slang, and recipes yur muder used ta make – or something along those lines). Along the way I saw a dancing guy in a blackberry (the electronic, not the berry) suit on grafton and a horse – not like the carriage horse, but a draft (?) horse (maybe?).
More from Sundance ’07: “I find lately (and never more so than at Sundance, where it’s easy to feel smothered by a drama-lanche of pathos and passion) that when I go into a drama, I want — no, I need — to feel like it can convey the real nature of life: How wonderful it can be, and how horrible; how the is joy, and there is pain; how there are elegant dreams we can aspire to and ugly facts we must face; that the only thing as certain as death is the necessity of the fight against it. Snow Angels — human, humane, funny, tragic, artful, real — is one of the strongest dramas of Sundance 2007; more importantly, it has the craft and power to stand as one of the best dramas of the year, period.” Still haven’t heard about it being picked up, although Grace is gone with John Cusack was. As was Teeth, which had some pre-festival buzz going for it (based on the subject matter).

As for the blog title: Yeah – I miss the Office.
Michael: I am going to donate to Afghanistanis with AIDS.
Jim: I think you mean the Aid to Afghanistan.
Michael: No, I mean Afghanistanis with AIDS.
Phyllis: Afghani.
Michael: What?
Phyllis: Afghani.
Michael: That’s a dog.
Pam: No, that’s Afghan.
Michael: That’s a shawl.
Dwight: Wait, canine AIDS?
Michael: No. Humans with AIDS.
Creed: Who has AIDS?
Jim: Guys, the Afghanistananis.
U and UR hand – Pink



Tags:

0 responses to “you’re evil – like a hobbit”

  1. Karen says:

    “Why do you doubt your senses?”

    “Because,” said Scrooge, “a little thing affects them. A slight disorder of the stomach makes them cheats. You may be an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of an underdone potato. There’s more of gravy than of grave about you, whatever you are!”

  2. admin says:

    I knew you’d know it. Ah well, I was almost close.

  3. Karen says:

    Actually, I thought yours was better. But gruyere cheese wouldn’t be something Dickens would have eaten, I’m thinking. Not English. The only part that I REALLY knew by heart was, “There’s more of gravy than of grave about you”. The rest I got online.

    Classic books are all on line now. Yee hah!