BootsnAll Travel Network



YES!!

And the good news keeps rolling in… I’m just thrilled about the elections (knock on wood for that last not official seat). Kristl and I stayed up as late as we could watching the returns come in (we made it to Rhode Island before passing out). And to get Rummy out too! Yay! Schwarzenegger was a foregone conclusion. The South Dakota Abortion Ban was defeated, as was the local development initiative in Pacifica and the parental consent initiative in CA. Yay yay yay. Go Nancy Pelosi! Yay. I’m wearing my good bush/bad bush shirt today in celebration.
Right – here in Ireland, nothing quite as exciting is going on. I got really excited the other day when a commercial for the Daily Show came on only to realize that it is on a special channel that I definitely don’t get. *sniff*. (I’m clearly in a very political mood at the moment).

Work at Kieley’s is going really well. It is tiring to be on my feet for so long, but I am really enjoying bartending, and at least it completely fits in with my sleep schedule. Moved into the new flat over the last day and things seem to be going well. Gisele is very shy and quiet, Leane, the crazy fun Brazilian is in Italy at the moment, and Lena and I are getting along well, even though we work at totally opposite times.

I haven’t really done any more sight seeing at the moment and I’ll be working all weekend (2 rugby matches! Ack). So – nothing too interesting. I want to go see Borat (oh my god- those box office stats!) and the Prestige, but I don’t know when I’ll have the time. I also want to rent some Irish films… sort of like how I’ve been reading books from each of the countries I’m going. I’ve seen a bunch of Aussie and Kiwi films… but not so many Irish. Hmmm – what else? I’m reading Frankenstein at the moment. I’m enjoying it.
I’ll try to post as often as I can, although I still have a lot of settling in to do. I got groceries and a pillow today, and K is lending me linens and I’m almost done unpacking. I think I might ask our landlord if I can put up some shelves in our room, as we do not have enough storage space for the two of us.



Tags: , ,

0 responses to “YES!!”

  1. Karen says:

    I’m quite confused about your work. Have you been accepting jobs, working for a couple of days, and then quitting? Are you sure you want to quit one job before the other one’s secure?

    And another Mom note: L’Eggs sheer energy hose under your pants will really help with the tired leg syndrome. You can take it from a former waitress….

  2. admin says:

    I went on a trial at Toast for one night, and then went to try out at Kiely’s. I liked Kiely’s better, so I accepted that position. I’ve been there a week now and it is secure – the manager has pestering me to get an Irish bank account so he can pay me.

    Yup – I’ve been wearing tights (although I’ll have to try to find l’eggs), and it does help, although my feet still hurt at the end of the night sometimes – last night was 9 hours during a rugby rush. Ack!