BootsnAll Travel Network



How things are going

So, perhaps I haven’t been very clear about what is going on. I’ve been moving into my new flat in Ranelagh. My flatmates are really nice, but I hardly ever see them as I work nights. I’m working at Kiely’s in Donnybrook (1 week yesterday) which I am really enjoying. Its in a very posh nieghborhood, and apparently we get all sorts of rugby and tv stars in (but how would I know?) (We do seem to get a lot of rugby wives or wife hopefuls in – soo skinny, only champagne, and amazing amounts of makeup). But the bar is really nice, and the people are great. Plus – tips, a free meal, and a free pint after work on the weekends. (Although tips last night sucked – only 11.50). It is right down the road from the home pitch of the Leinscter rugby team – so there are huge rushes on during match nights. I get Tuesdays and Thursdays off, and every other Sunday (thursdays is dinner at Kristl’s night and then we watch grey’s anatomy – if its nice out this thursday, I’m hoping to go to the zoo). I’m looking forward to tomorrow and Monday to catch my breath and recover a bit (they’re slow days).

So – I need to make a list of things to see on my days off, and finish getting everything I need for my flat. And upload photos! But everything is going really well here.



Tags:

-1 responses to “How things are going”

  1. Karen says:

    I’m hoping that before you leave Ireland, you’ll learn to spell, “Leinster.” Surely I made you watch “Aristocrats”…the BBC show about the Lennox girls, daughters of the 2nd Duke of Richmond?

    Emily married James FitzGerald, the richest man in Ireland (probably) who was eventually made the first Duke of Leinster. He was always trying to get the British Parliament to be more fair to the Irish.

    Their son Lord Edward FitzGerald (but he gave up his title) was an Irish Patriot, who fought against the Brits and died for it….

  2. Karen says:

    Found this blurb in Wikipedia: “Donnybrook is the spiritual home of rugby union in Leinster. The head office of the Irish Rugby Football Union Leinster Branch is located opposite Donnybrook rugby ground, where the professional Leinster team play their home games, captained by Brian O’Driscoll. Kiely’s pub in Donnybrook village is a traditional social point for rugby fans.”

  3. Emily says:

    Ooh, that’s fantastic! Jess, that means you’re practically on Wikipedia…
    Do you think that I, as an Emily, could also marry the richest man in Ireland?

  4. Karen says:

    Is your dad a Duke? Related to royalty? No? Then I’m thinkin’…..no.

  5. Emily says:

    Well, my mother did GO to Duke and technically I am related to William the Conqueror (but who isn’t) and was royalty through the Von Stauffenburgs (but then again perhaps Germany doesn’t count anyhow)