BootsnAll Travel Network



Alrighty then

This updating every few days is rough. Lets see if I can remember everything. Friday I slept in (hey it was my weekend, sort of) and went to see the Cathedrals. Both were smaller than I expected and absolutely covered in monuments along the walls. The best part was the crypts in Christ church. I’ll post photos from there too, once I get around to hooking up my camera.

Friday night we went to a pub in an old church. It still had old monuments, the organ and stained glass. It was very odd. AND Kristl and I made kanom pak kard when we got home! It was almost like having mix bowl in college again… Barry brought home people and woke me up at 9a to find that there was someone else sleeping in the living room. Thanks Barry.

Oh – Kristl and I carved the best jack o’lantern for halloween. And they have fireworks here for halloween. I think I forgot to mention that earlier.

Last night I worked at Kieley’s. It was exhausting, but SO much fun! I really loved it. Even though we were slammed for the home rugby match (Kieley’s is right up the road from where Leincster plays, so – big rugby bar). Anyways, I loved it. The people are great, and I did pretty well I think. Especially considering my first day was on the busiest night they have!
Today I am being a bum and giving my legs a break and reading Frankenstein and watching MTV. I was going to go to the zoo, but K is still at Hayden’s parents, and I’d like to go with her. I have to call Toast and tell them I won’t be coming back.

What else? As I’ve been crying to Emily, my devotion to all things entertainment is slowly being weaned. I feel like a junkie going through withdrawal. Premiere dates for movies is all messed up (the wind that shakes the barley, which won the palme d’or and I desperately want to see, is already on DVD here while the Prestige isn’t out yet). Most TV is a year behind, but Lost is actually only 1 month behind, so I might still watch that. Unfortunately, I can’t read up on all the new theories and clues. So sad. I think I’ll miss it less when I’m traveling to new places all the time and not living in a house.

What with my new work schedule, I’ll only be able to take day trips. So I think I’ll take Kristl’s advice and end work a week before I leave and travel around. I think thats it from here…



Tags: , , ,

Comments are closed.