BootsnAll Travel Network



Lets do the time warp…

*This is a backdated entry. I wrote it a few days ago, and then we lost internet.*
So – I left the deposit for the room today. The girls are so pretty – and so nice. Barry has already volunteered to help me take my stuff over. (Or – ‘give me a ride’ as we Americans say. Means something quite different here. As does ‘pants’).

Worked at toast last night. Nice people – busy. After royally screwing up my first order (the nice old gentleman tipped me anyways), everything went well after that. Made 20E in tips. Fun music (when was the last time you heard “don’t speak” in a restaurant?) Good to know that if I suck at Kieley’s I have a place to work. I might need new shoes though.  Either way really. Kristl has me seriously stressing about working at Kieley’s. Ack. (There is a longer version to this story – but it isn’t really that interesting. It’s work).

Woke up late today and went sightseeing (I’ll post the photos soon). Wandered around St. Stephen’s green, Merrion Square (the Oscar Wilde statue), 1/2 of the national gallery (tons of Gainsborough, including one that looked like the girl with the broken pitcher that I love from the legion of honor, one called the Connemara girl I really liked, a Yeats room, a portrait gallery, and a really interesting apocalyptical one called the 6th seal I think?) and Trinity – the book of kells and the long room. The book of kells was nice, but I actually found the exhibit about it more interesting. I loved the long room, though. SO pretty and it had a first edition of something really famous that I’m blanking on at the moment (hmm – gulliver’s travels? something else by Swift?), a beautiful copy of the complete works of shakespeare, the oldest Irish Harp, and one of the copies of the 1916 Proclamation. I’m thinking tomorrow I’ll be going to the cathedrals and maybe another museum and saving the zoo for Kristl to do with me. We’ll see.

Em – I have to approve comments apparently – so it might take me a day or two between updating to get the comments up.



Tags:

Comments are closed.