BootsnAll Travel Network



Happy Halloween

So – I spent yesterday rushing about like mad to get everything done. I went to 4 home viewings and got my PPS number (like a SSN), although I had to go to the office twice. My legs were wrecked by the end of the day.

However – the big news is that I have a place to live! Its small, and I’m in a double, but the location is PERFECT and it is so super cheap I’ll be able to save lots. So – I’ll move in the 7th with a Polish girl (my roommate) and 2 brazilians. Yes, they are all model gorgeous. Barry offered to help me move in when he heard that. 😉 Its on Charelston road, 2 minutes from the Ranelagh Luas, 7 minutes from the tesco, and 15 minutes from Kirstl’s local. Small – but whatever. I’m traveling – I don’t need much. And most places I was looking at in this area were 500 (bills included) and this place is 340. Rock.

This morning I was offered a job (2 week trial) at Kiely’s in Donnybrook. So – I’m still going to Toast for a trial tonight (waitressing – I had to go get black slacks and a black collared shirt at Penneys), but I called off my Winters trial. Kieley’s would be PERFECT. It is a really adorable, cozy bar in Dublin 4 (very posh) and they are super into rugby. So – I hope I make a really good impression there on Saturday. Plus – I’d be able to walk there and back, even on weekends, when they close later. I’ll have tuesdays, thursdays, and every other sunday off. I’ll let you know how it goes…

Also – I don’t believe I’ve mentioned it yet, but I find the Irish obsession with Soaps (particularly Aussie soaps) very odd. I don’t know anyone who watches soaps in the US. But the whole house is trying their hardest to get me hooked onto ‘Home and Away’. I find it bizarre…



Tags: , ,

One response to “Happy Halloween”

  1. Emily says:

    Wow!!! Congratulations!!! That is sooooo exciting! It sounds perfect in so many ways; and at least you aren’t living in a kitchen, like some of the places I’ve seen here in NY.

    The funny thing is that the Aussie soaps are really only produced for UK/Irish viewers. NO ONE from Australia actually watches them…

  2. Emily says:

    I totally left a comment yesterday!!!!!
    Oh well, I’ll email you tonight.