BootsnAll Travel Network



yay

things are coming along. I have a bunch of things to do (NZ visa, USAA card, buy a ferry ticket to britain).  I’m not going to the Dublin film festival – although there were still tix for sunshine, rescue dawn and metropolis were sold out. Spent the day doing errands, getting lost, doing more errands. Went to Kristl’s vagina monologues auditions, which was a lot of fun (she’s got about 6/7 of the 13 monologues cast) and went out to Smyths last night. Spending today getting organized, uploading photos (new album: westport, dublin), finishing books.

Here’s part of a brilliant article by Jon Carroll:

The original article can be found on SFGate.com here:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2007/02/15/DDGRJN7KNC1.DTL

Thursday, February 15, 2007 (SF Chronicle)
JON CARROLL

There was a letter in This Very Newspaper the other day; it went like this: “How I light my bedroom should be just as much my own decision as what I do there.” Well, no, actually, it shouldn’t. If you lived next door to me and you chose to light your bedroom with 100 burning iguanas, I’d be darned glad that Big Brother was around to step in. Your sexual practices (unless they involve burning iguanas) are your own business, but we all live on this planet together, and our perceived rights should be balanced by our actual responsibilities.
The issue at hand was fluorescent lights, particularly those curly little ones that fit into regular home light sockets. I have some, and they are marginally annoying, but having the oceans die will be annoying too. We’re out of unannoying options. It would be nice if everyone cowboyed up on this one, but that does not seem to be happening.

Jon Stewart with a cold (comedy central videos)


Tags:

Comments are closed.