BootsnAll Travel Network



work

Work has been going well. I’m being trained by the leaving temp, who is a lovely girl, Jenn, from Glasgow. Our boss is Graham, who is really nice, but he will be leaving in a few weeks and is currently looking for a replacement. Then there’s Tash, the permanent trainer, and a few consultants who come in. So far, I’ve only met Craig and Shannon, but they’re both quite nice. The office is lovely (and how much do I feel like Pam, wearing sensible clothes and working reception?) and very laid back (we get a glass of wine on Friday afternoons). We’re all going out for dinner on Thursday for Jenn and Graham’s goodbyes. I’m already creating training manuals, setting up the classrooms, enrolling students in our software… etc. Pretty much I just need to get used to all the procedures, but at this point pretty much everything’s been explained. The office isn’t too busy (unlike Auckland). Honestly, I think it’ll be pretty easy going (knock on wood). I’m pretty thrilled with it.
This weekend; 2 film fest films (Perfume – finally! and Death at a Funeral!!), a couple DVDs, finishing Frankie Silver (she was just hung at lunchtime), trying out the gyms. Read the Dream Hunters (a Sandman spin off). The art is astoundingly gorgeous, and I cracked up when I got to the 2 men, whom I assumed were Cain and Abel. Anyways – I highly recommend it.
Stewart and Colbert Called To Give Evidence in YouTube Lawsuit. On all things DS show related; a) I have never heard the Daily Show audience cheer like they did when Rove resigned… and b) I almost felt bad for the guy on last night when Jon attacked him as the closest thing to actually being able to attack Cheney available.
Why sex surveys are wrong from the NYTimes (thanks Kristl!). What I have a problem with is the underlying assumption that males are supposedly more promiscuous. Not true (and not just for the statistical reasons stated). Females of the species tend to be more promiscuous. The original theory of females being less promiscuous was based on one odd drosophila spp. that wasn’t even studied for that long. Genetically, females want to sleep around to ensure the best genes for her offspring. Obviously, it’s not true for all species, but its far more normal for the female to be promiscuous. (Check out Dr. Tatiana’s Sex Advice for all Creation for a good summary of the biology research on this. It’s well-written and pretty funny.)
As for the men in the surveys; umm… lying?

New teaser poster for hitman.

Fucking yankees. (thanks, mom).

Jason Bateman in Zack and Miri make a porno? (the new Kevin Smith).

Linkspam from cleolinda:
Stills: Cassandra’s Dream, with Ewan McGregor.

Clive Owen: “the enigmatic impersonation of restraint.” mmmmm….

This is wrong.

So is this – from popwatch: “Um… eww. I don’t care if Ron Goldman’s family (including papa Fred, pictured at right) is getting the money. I don’t care if they’re giving some of it to “the Ron Goldman Foundation for Justice.” I don’t care if the Goldmans get to add “key commentary” to the otherwise unedited manuscript by O.J. Simpson (pictured, left) and his ghostwriter. (What does “key commentary” mean, anyway? Scrawling, “What do you mean, ‘If…‘?” in the margins?) They can try to make this package as tasteful and respectable as they like, but I’ll still say… Eww.”

Really interesting ‘Pathology’ poster. Ok – its a totally crazy plot; a group of medical students try to see which one can commit the perfect crime, while the others use pathology to try to solve them. But – it has Milo Ventmiglia and… Johnny Whitworth. As in AJ from Empire Records, one of my all time fave films. Yes, its awful – as in AMAZING awful. Dude – he’s in the 3:10 to Yuma, too. He’s still alive – who knew?
musica: again, again, again – blaqk audio, bleed it out – linkin park, I’m so sick/ All around me – flyleaf, hate on me – Jill Scott, Frank and Ava – Suzanne Vega



Tags: , , , ,

One response to “work”

  1. Karen says:

    Pretty much I just need … at this point pretty much everything’s … it’ll be pretty easy … I’m pretty thrilled …

    I’m pretty sorry that you don’t have a thesaurus….

    snark

  2. Karen says:

    There’s a very 60s (but very funny!) movie with Kim Novak, James Garner, Tony Randall, and others called, “Boys’ Night Out”. In it, Kim plays a Ph.D candidate who’s doing her thesis on the sexual fantasies of the American suburban male. 4 guys get an apt. and hire her to be their concubine…but all any of them really want to do is eat or talk or fix things…stuff their wives never let them do.

    Kim says, When it comes to sex, men can’t keep from lying and women can’t keep from telling the truth.

    She goes to the ‘burbs to interview their wives who are extremely and shockingly candid.

  3. admin says:

    “lovely…really nice…quite nice…lovely…very laid back…too busy…astoundingly gorgeous…almost”
    I use other words. I just don’t proofread before posting.