BootsnAll Travel Network



too much!

I don’t really have enough time to update on everything that has been going on. Went to K’s concert (a ceremony of carols – it wasn’t really good, but they are all a bunch of doctors – people have to skip rehearsal when they are in surgery). And I was glad to hear some really familiar choral music. Then we went out for drinks with Hayden’s parents and Noel and Reinold. And Hayden’s parents gave K and me their tix for the Messiah at the National concert hall!

Wednesday I cleaned the apartment, ran errands, and went to work, which sucked. Gavin was on, we were swamped, I didn’t get a proper break, and the super gorgeous tv producer decided the best place to make out with his stick thin blonde date was at the bar. Whoopee.

Thursday was much, much better. I actually saw the tv producer in the village and he was really lovely to me, which sort of makes up for him being nauseating the night before; I also ran into my friend David in Ranelagh, while he was recovering from a hangover. Then I met up with K – we had a super wonderful lunch at Yamamori’s (asian), then stopped for hot drinks at the bull and castle (it was raining all day yesterday), and went to the Guiness storehouse. Which is a really fun museum – I had a really great time, and you get a free pint in the galaxy bar at the top (its kind of like the rotating bar in SF, except it is stationary). I thought it was the best guiness I have had. So we spent the whole day there and didn’t ever get to another museum (the original plan), but it was worth it. When we got up to the bar, which is all windows, it was misty and raining and just getting dark and you could watch the lights coming on all over Dublin, while you were warm and cozy and surrounded by Christmas lights. And seeing all the original advertising and tasting the barley and stuff was lots of fun too. And seeing the 9000 year lease!

Then we went to the Messiah. The National concert hall (like Trinity’s chapel on Tues) was gorgeous – all intricate carvings and pretty paint jobs – but it was so small! Much smaller than Davies. And it was Mozart’s version of the Messiah (its the 250th anniversary of his birth), so it was less choral than I would have liked (more focused on the soloists), although I thought the instrumentation was good. Anyways – we had a good time. Then we went to Birchall’s so K could get her last 2 pints of Guiness before heading home to India for 2.5 weeks (she doesn’t ususally drink it, but still – I understand wanting something very Irish before leaving). Her cab was at 3am, and her Xmas present didn’t come, so I have to try to come up with something new.

The golden globe nom.s are out! Ack! Seriously – no John Krasinski? What is up with that? And snubbing both 9/11 movies – bold move HFPA.

Reading the Blind assassin now (the mill on the floss had the worst ending ever.) Ran errands this morning (i’ve started dropping off my laundry with someone else) and ran into David again, which was nice because I had someone to walk with towards work while it was raining. I really want it to stop raining now. Tomorrow I have to go to the library, murder ink, pick up the stuff I left at Kristl’s and go back to work. If sunday is clear, I’m going to try to go to the races, otherwise I’ll do some museums and then curl up at home.

Bam thwok – The Pixies



Tags:

Comments are closed.