BootsnAll Travel Network



The saga continues

Another call from fedex before lunch. “So… uhhh… is this laptop yours?” “Yes. I put that in big letters on the 1 page form that I sent to you twice. The first time 3 days ago.” “Oh. So ummm- you need to fill out a personal effects form.” “Why? Why wasn’t I told this 3 days ago? On any of the 7 occasions I’ve spoken to you guys?” “Well, otherwise you can pay $2000 in duty fees.” “Are you serious? That’s more than the laptop is worth.” “I think you should fill out the personal effects form.” “If I fill that out immediately, can you send my laptop out to me today as I was promised?” “No.”

It was actually a much long, much angrier conversation, but there are the highlights. So – if not tomorrow – I just might go break into customs and steal my laptop back. This has gone so far beyond stupid, incompetent, and utterly ridiculous – I just don’t even know what to do anymore.
Work was light to make up for yesterday. Organized a lot of things around the office, dealt with a crazy lady on the phone, printed out a calendar for myself. Dealt with fedex. We’ve got a company dinner tonight at a Chinese place – I’ll post about it later. Going to finish some errands, and then run home to clean and do laundry and make myself presentable. Exciting days, no?
Now, the one bit of news that makes me happier after all that…. JOSHUA IS GETTING A NOVEMBER NEW ZEALAND RELEASE!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! Ha ha ha ha ha….

I got a chain email of quotes, supposedly from George Carlin. I’m not sure he said them all, but these ones made me laugh;

New Rule : Stop screwing with old people.  Target is introducing a redesigned pill bottle that’s square, with a bigger label.  And the top is now the bottom.  And by the time grandpa figures out how to open it, his ass will be in the morgue. Congratulations, Target, you just solved the Social Security crisis.

New Rule : There’s no such thing as flavored water.  There’s a whole aisle of this crap at the supermarket, water, but without that watery taste.  Sorry, but flavored water is called a soft drink.  You want flavored water?  Pour some scotch over ice and let it melt.  That’s your flavored water.

New Rule : No more gift registries.  You know, it used to be just for weddings.  Now it’s for babies and new homes and graduations from rehab.  Picking out the stuff you want and having other people buy it for you isn’t gift giving, it’s the white people version of looting.

New Rule : When I ask how old your toddler is, I don’t need to know in months.  “27 Months.”  “He’s two,” will do just fine.  He’s not a cheese.  And I didn’t really care in the first place.”
Crudup on ‘Dedication,’ panic and pronunciation.

Of church and steak; farming for the soul (thanks kristl!) Or, why religious groups are often an environmentalists best friend (I liked the what would jesus drive campaign that sought to eradicate SUVs).

The weirdest thing just happened; I clicked on the NYTimes and I swear I read that front page before (Iraq and coal top mining). Weeeeird.

Cue the film awards season and strike a somber note. Yaaaaay!!!

musica: AFI playlist.



Tags:

Comments are closed.