BootsnAll Travel Network



Sometimes I get to shred things…

Customs is not ever, ever going to release my laptop. After 3 phone calls and 2 faxes over the last 2 days, I got a call today at 4pm saying they needed a fax of my passport photo. To release the laptop. And seeing as I don’t carry my passport with me, I couldn’t get that to them by 5pm, so the laptop gets delayed yet another day (current ETA: friday). Because the first 3 people I talked to couldn’t tell me to send a passport photo over the last 2 days of faxing them things. And I can’t just go TAKE MY PASSPORT TO THEM AND PICK UP THE F***ING LAPTOP.

I hate new zealand customs and fedex. As soon as my laptop is in my hands, I am going to raise holy hell.

Otherwise, work was good. Jenn transfered all responsibility to me today, and it was a busy day, so I felt very productive and capable. I also really do feel like Pam. (“sometimes I get to shred things!”) I’m renting the Office the next time I turn in my DVDs.

Holy crap – did you know Butch Vig produced “Sing the Sorrow” by AFI? The things you learn…

Spammity spam!!:

Summer movie box office round-up.

Fall movie preview.  Of course, none of it applies to New Zealand, but whatever.
Press junket for the Nines.

From cleolinda:

Oscar Preview: Harvey Weinstein Betting Own Life On Blanchett’s Oscar Chances. “As Bob Dylan, no less. After the trailer yesterday, I’m almost inclined to agree with him.”

[God, I love the oscar race. And Harvey Weinstein.]

As You Like It : * * * 1/2, but not in theaters. “It’s on HBO instead–was it made for HBO? I thought it was going to theaters, but maybe not…” [I can’t seem to make myself like Bryce Dallas Howard. Still, as I like the play, maybe I’ll check it out sometime.]

Casting Begins for Rob Marshall’s Nine. I’m confused. Wasn’t Antonio up for a tony for this? Why wasn’t he offered the role?

Ryan Renolds may play The Flash. [Eh – I could see it. And click on the link if you want to see his abs.]

15 Unfortunately Placed Ads.

musica: You don’t know what love is – White Stripes, Bleed it out – linkin park, Capital g – NIN, Stiff kittens – blaqk audio, playgirl – ladytron, dance with me – the sounds



Tags: , , , ,

-2 responses to “Sometimes I get to shred things…”

  1. Karen says:

    Ross and I watched “As You Like It” last night. Kinda uneven, which is undoubtedly why it went straight to video/HBO. The girl who plays Rosalind was good, the usual KB troupe was better, and the music was really terrific! The cinematography was mostly pretty.

    I just don’t think that putting it in Japan really worked. It was weird. Brian Blessed was the exiled Duke and also the Bad Brother…except as the Bad Brother, he dressed like a Shogun and they somehow made his eyes look Asian. Sometimes they dressed like 1890s Western, and often a weird combo of that and Japanese garb. Having the heroines talk behind fans didn’t really come off.

    I read a review that said that KB severely truncated Rosalind’s part. Having not read it, I don’t know…but I do know that Roz is supposed to be one of the best parts for actresses ever EVER.

    Anyway, not a wasted couple of hours, but not KB’s best, by any means. And the ending was exactly like the ending of his “All’s Well That Ends Well”. The Epilogue was quite cute and clever, though…

  2. Karen says:

    P.S. I got a call from a FedEx guy in Memphis last night around 7 p.m. I pointed out that I filled out all the forms for gift and customs. He said that he was going to contact NZ customs to point that out.

    I’m so sorry! First, their electronic site wouldn’t let me fill out the customs thing properly b/c of the “harmonisation” codes, and now this!

    Ross and I are going camping in ME this weekend and so we can call you. Lots of love, Mama