BootsnAll Travel Network



That’ll be a feckin’ long engagement!

I’ll be away for a bit. The new girl started yesterday so I’m quite busy training her and getting everything sorted.  So enjoy this as the last post for a bit.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! No pumpkin, but I did find some mincemeat, so I’ll be eating some of that for the next few days (no egg nog either). And the new temp and I are going to decorate for Christmas this week.

All things Doctor Who for the moment. (gah! I’ve watched them all! The season finale was Sunday night. Now I actually have to WAIT for new ones… like the Christmas Titanic ep. though…)

Mom – you’ll like this; But is it art? “For such a liberal city, San Franciscans have conservative taste when it comes to public works”. For the record, I love that they got one of Louise Bourgeois’ spiders (it’s completely gorgeous), I hate cupid’s span, and I am happy the foot never got done. Although I like the foot better than the peace symbol. It’s too clunky a design for that space. The best public art was the hearts.

Here are all the ones from a couple of years ago; I liked this one particularly.

Best and worst hair on tv

Worst ‘sexy’ photos (Warning; some of these could seriously burn off your retinas)

How to predict the Oscars

I forget if I posted this before; Stephen King on cool.

New Cloverfield trailer

Bald is in charge. Ok – all of the guys mentioned in the first paragraph are about 25 years too old to play Agent 47. And, according to wikipedia (grain of salt and all) he is Agent 47 because some of the guys at the software company are, in fact, Pomona grads.

The worst movie pitches.

SF vegetarian frontiers. A food piece from the NY Times. Of course, Greens (my favourite restaurant) is up first. It goes on to mention Millenium and Herbivore, both of which are supposed to be brilliant, but I’ve unfortunately never eaten at either.

Holy hell YES!! Martin McDonagh’s feature film debut is going to open Sundance next year (hence this post’s title, taken from the Lieutenant of Inishmore). Martin McDonagh is my favourite playwright after Tony Kushner. His plays are very, very dark and very, very funny. I actually met an American in Belfast who had moved to Ireland to do her thesis on his plays. Anyways, the film is called In Bruges, and it stars Ralph Fiennes, Colin Farrell, and Brendan Gleeson. Awesome. (Seriously, if you ever get a chance to see one of his plays – GO!)

Best singing stars (haven’t seen the whole list yet, so I’ll rant about it later).

Via Cleolinda;

Man arrested for toad tripping.

 

If Daleks shilled Viagra. Did I mention the daleks C4 ad earlier? It’s aguy dressing up as a dalek on a rainy day because he’s bored. It makes me laugh everytime I see it.Dostoyevsky meets Batman.

“For your consideration” movie ads.



Tags:

Comments are closed.