BootsnAll Travel Network



Akaroa!

I’m back from Akaroa, and after too little sleep, too much excitment and too much sun, I’m about 1 chocolate-covered biscuit away from crashing here at the computer. Did that even make sense? Point is; I’m exhausted. But I am very, very happy. Akaroa was so so so so wonderful. I’ll do a proper post soon (with lots of photos!) when I’m not in danger of passing out, but here are the highlights;

the cheese factory, the duveauchelle hotel (the oldest hotel in NZ; 1880?), the oldest house in Akaroa (1940! Over fifty years ago! no! surely not!), lots of gorgeous scenery, bbq lunch, firefighting races, french stuff, charming seasideness, hawks, varieted oystercatchers, red beaked gulls, black backed gulls, skuas, fur seals, white flippered penguins, swallows, a goat, deer, sheep, terns, AND the absolutely amazing Hector’s dolphins. There were TONS. And we saw the first confirmed calf sighting of the season!! Yay!

musica; Christmas carols! It’s after thanksgiving! (and there’s some big to do in Hagley park for Christmas today).

Oh yeah – I think the new girl will do fine once she has some time next week to work on everything. We had a staff dinner on thursday. I got to sit in the botanical gardens with a smoothie and tlak to my family on thanksgiving. The next week at work will be easy (the last couple of days I’m planning on finishing off my books and applying for tax back) and then I’m on HOLIDAY for three weeks. Life is good.



Tags:

Comments are closed.