BootsnAll Travel Network



I feel so tingly…

Photos are up over at webshots.

My favorites are here and here.

Fun videos becuase – ITS A LONG WEEKEND!!!

The Office; Jim becomes a vampire.

David Tennant and Catherine Tate on Comic Relief.

Scottish-y goodness.

I know I’ve posted it before, but always worth another gander is Stephen Colbert doesn’t feel like dancing. Of course, now I want to go watch Strangers with Candy…

Becuase youtube sucks; you can find the daily show banana segment (guaranteed to brighten the worst of days) over here. (although what is the daily show doing to its site? Old video archives?!?!)



Tags:

4 responses to “I feel so tingly…”

  1. Karen says:

    I forgot to ask from your last group of pix (these are beautiful, btw). What was Taylor’s mistake? Falling off a cliff? And the pix of donkeys made me think of Maggie Smith playing Harry Potter’s aunt (when they were in David Copperfield, if that makes any sense). She was this dotty old lady who kept trying to shoo the donkeys out of her garden…

  2. admin says:

    I never found out who Taylor was or what he did. Tis a mystery. (mysteryyyy…. how does that Hugh Laurie song go again?)

    I have yet to see that David Copperfield. Isn’t that the one with Anthony Andrews playing the evil step-father?

  3. Karen says:

    I don’t think so! I saw it many years ago (well, when Daniel Radcliffe was a little boy, in his pre-Harry days). I remember the guy who played Micawber. He was brilliant! But the evil step-father was someone dark, I’m pretty sure. Anthony Andrews is much too fair and gentle-looking to be that wicked. He’s like Leslie Howard…you can never imagine him playing someone bad — unless maybe psychologically evil — but the step-father in David Copperfield is more of the beat him and starve him and send him off to a boot-blacking factory, all while terrorizing the sweet mother, who’s too much of a weinie to stand up to him. Not AA’s line of country at all. More an Oliver Reed thing….

  4. admin says:

    Aha. Daniel Radcliffe was in a 1999 version of David Copperfield with Trevor Eve as Murdsone (Zoe Wanamaker as Miss Murdstone), and Bob Hoskins as Micawber.

    Anthony Andrews (I was right!) was in a 2000 production of David Copperfield. He plays Murdstone (Eileen Atkins plays Miss murdstone) and Michael Richards (eww) mlays Micawber. That one isn’t rated quite as highly, although Sally Field got a SAG nomination for best actress in a tv movie. Apparently, AA got good reviews as being really nasty as Murdstone. (http://imdb.com/title/tt0238768/) (There’s a small pic of him with dark hair here: http://onthebox.netfirms.com/Articles/DavidCopperfield/DavidCopperfield.html)