BootsnAll Travel Network



Hey what’s this? It says “ihp-od.”

Ok – nothing much has happened. It’s a long weekend. I slept in this morning, watched some House and Doctor Who. But I need to offload this backlog of link stuff, so enjoy… (I’ll post photos tomorrow. Really. I swear.)

SAVE BIRTH CONTROL; “Last year’s Congress made a technical error writing a new law, and the cost of birth control in many clinics is rising to almost 900 percent what it was just months ago. Women who were paying $5 to $10 per month are now paying $40 to $50 for birth control. For the college students and low-income women who will be affected by this cost hike, that’s no small matter.” LIKE ME.

WGA (the onslaught is slowing):

Not the daily show

The simpsons writers

The Colbert report take

A great Op-Ed by Harold Meyerson in the Washington Post.

“The picketers at Paramount and Disney may look to be a chorus line of wise-asses, but their struggle is a deadly serious test of whether any American workers retain the clout to strike a deal with the unchecked greed that is the modern American corporation.”

Kate emailed this account of Monday night’s LA Stage Alliance Ovation Awards.

Neil Patrick Harris hosted the evening. He came out onstage, started reading from some 3×5 index cards and halfway through the sentence, “Last night I was just thinking…” he stopped and looked really confused. He turned the card over. Checked his pockets. And then shouted into the wings his card was blank and he didn’t know what to say next. Out walked a red shirted writer carrying a WGA strike sign and the whole place errupted into applause. Neil Patrick tried to carry on, calling on some dancers to vamp as he tried to come up with some material. I wish I had my camera at the ready. It was priceless. Keep your eyes peeled! Hopefully something will show up on YouTube or Flickr!
Fight on!
Kate

FAN ACTIVISM: Fans want their favorite shows back. And they want the companies to know it.
Bring TV Back!
– “Criminal Minds” fans go on the warpath.And now, to lighten the mood:
– David Letterman’s writers are posting hilarious but heartfelt accounts from the picket lines.
– Neal Pollack’s five-year-old son Elijah explains the strike on
Offsprung.com.

How does the strike affect SAG 

Movies and other;

Rainn Wilson, Sex God? Clearly, People should’ve used my list.  Also; 100 sexy men in 1 minute. Which would be easier to do if the editor wasn’t a ferret with ADD high on pixie sticks. (From what I can tell, it does include Jake Gyllenhaal, Michael C. Hall, Milo Ventimiglia, Orlando Bloom, Ashton Kutcher, Clive Owen, Gavin Rossdale, Hugh Jackman, Josh Holloway, Ryan Reynolds Christian Bale, Peter Krause, John Krasinski, and the guy who plays Archie on CSI I think. Inexplicably, it also has Prince Harry, Tim Gunn (I think that’s his name), Michael Cera, TR Knight, Shia LeBouf, Andy Samberg (from SNL), and Terrence Howard in a lavender shirt. Dude.) 

Best Rock front men and front women. (Anthony Kiedis here and Shirley Manson here. Gwen Stefani makes the list, too (*sigh* if only she were to go back to No Doubt…) Sadly, no Davey Havok… like Michael Stipe is nearly as good live…)

Live performances on youtube; AFI

Garbage (although my favorite is still this one) (Also; Shirley and Chrissie, Shirley and Debbie)

Tori Amos (my favorite track off of Welcome to Sunny Florida) Ok – I need to stop looking up concert footage and go be productive…

Rocky in less than 6 seconds. And by Rocky, I mean all the Rockys.

Another Beowulf review. Which would be about the dozenth to say, “GO SEE IT IN IMAX NOOOOOW!!!!” Which does not help me, because I doubt there it’ll still be in IMAX when I get back the states. Or that I’ll be able to find an IMAX here anywhere once it opens…

Get smart poster

Frigid 50 list

7 fave screenplays 1995-1999

7 best hitmen. Methinks someone was inspired by EW’s recent bit. And there goes an idea I had as a mock column…

7 celebrity turkeys 

The cinematical Halloween costume contest. Dear god. How??? I vote for the sin city guy – that’s really clever (although I’m partial to Jack, too….)

Your mommy kills animals DVD pulled by Amazon; And a review of the DVD.

More casting on Game (PS YAY JOHNNY WHITWORTH)

R.L. Stine Reveals Slappy From Night Of The Living Dummy Was Gay

BBC Upgrades Flap To Row

Op-Ed Columnist:  Should Hillary Pretend to Be a Flight Attendant?

From Cleolinda;

BBC’s snappy answers to climate-change denial.

John Scalzi tours the Creation Museum. With lengthy, snarky photo gallery.

Jessie Cave to Play Lavender Brown; The Face of Lavender Brown.

Max Headroom Joins Watchmen.

No Songs For Enchanted Star Menzel.

A Five-Year-Old Explains The Writers’ Strike To You. Also: Scabby TV Writers Outed By Fake Craigslist Ad!

Christian Bale: “I like going to hell and back.”

Johnny Depp singing “Johanna.” [Ed; is the boy the same one who was on bway? It sounds like the same guy… Hmm… looks like… no.]The new Other Boleyn Girl trailer.



Tags:

3 responses to “Hey what’s this? It says “ihp-od.””

  1. Karen says:

    What, no “thanks, Mom!”? For what do I read The Onion, if not to get credit for passing it along? Well? 😉

  2. admin says:

    Sorry. I do try to remember to credit, but there was such a backlog here I forgot.

  3. Karen says:

    Jest jestin’….you’d really have to credit the Onion, not moi….