BootsnAll Travel Network



The flaming owls of death!

Let’s see… slept in yesterday, watched some doctor who, talked with my mom…. Yeah… that’s about it. Today; went to the gym (boo-yah), went to the Java café, and now catching up on internet stuff. I still haven’t written a single movie column. Not having a laptop around is tres annoying. I’ll do it tomorrow.

 

I’m mildly freaking out because I just realized that I have 2 weeks left in Christchurch. Which means I need to sort out my travel plans, finish up my to do lists, mail stuff home to the US, clean out my room for the next tenant, start thinking about what I’m going to do when I get home (AAAAAAHHHH!), try to claim tax back, etc. etc. etc.

 

Photos up here from the Antarctic center and Willowbank.  http://community.webshots.com/album/561466052MxRLPa

 

Faves; http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2714853630053218738seQiGh

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2023523160053218738aZuDhU

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2991635300053218738ksrkKT

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2468859890053218738wsqZMJ

 

New video up on youtube (ostrich preening in the dust): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNDXV5EF5VY

 

SAS is on wikipedia. Hey – the motto is Pistis Kai Episteme – who knew? And Pomona. Hee, “In 2007, 15.74% of applicants were admitted to Pomona, the lowest acceptance rate in the college’s history. The Class of 2011 has median scores of 750 on the SAT critical reading section , 750 on the math section and 740 on the writing section… Ninety percent of this incoming class (of those from schools that officially rank students) graduated in the top decile of their high school classes, with 25% being valedictorians.” There is no Pomona street at Harvard.

HA! “According to school legend, the Associated Students of Pomona College once ran a poll in which they asked the student body: “If you could change our mascot, what would you choose?” Several generic options were given (Wildcats, Bears, Tigers, etc.), but in the end, a write-in candidate won: “The Flaming Owls of Death.” Unfortunately, Pomona chose not to keep this mascot.”
 

Perseopolis trailer online.

 

AMPTP coming back to negotiations!!

 

When is your favourite tv show gone?

 

This made me laugh out loud; celebrity skeeve watch

 

The best indie rock albums?

 

HAHAHAHA: The SFGate has many sections, as most newspapers do. News, features, columnists, food, movies, EARTHQUAKES.



Tags:

2 responses to “The flaming owls of death!”

  1. Karen says:

    The SF Gate item got buried, which was a pity, b/c quite hilarious. I think of that occasionally, as I travel through tunnels and over bridges here in Boston. True, one poor lady got squished by a enormous piece of falling concrete….but still…no earthquakes!

    What’s Pistis Kai Episteme? It looks Greek, and I hope it is, b/c otherwise I’d have to admit that I no longer remember 4 years of Latin…

    When was the contest re: the flaming owls of death? And do you know who suggested it? I think I want to know that person better…

  2. admin says:

    Whatever. The SF bridges are sooo safer than the big dig.

    Pistis Kai Episteme means Faith and Learning. I probably knew that was our motto at one point, but I’d forgotten. Sounds greek to me…

    I have no idea about the flaming owls. It was on wikipedia, so… grain of salt.