BootsnAll Travel Network



Frantic

Or at least I should be. I have so much to do… and I leave tomorrow. I’ll be up in Belfast for the next 3 nights. And then Donegal. And after that… ??? Wow – just think – this blog will morph into a proper travel blog, instead of boringness about work, and the latest movie gossip (still haven’t heard about snow angels being picked up – please don’t be another Piccadilly Jim!, saw Children of Men – easily THE best picture snub. Its gorgeous, with an unconventional narrative and very little exposition for a dystopian future vision. And Clive Owen is brilliant in it. That said – I also saw the last king of Scotland – and Forest Whitaker has a lock on best actor. I was rooting for Leo (for the departed – haven’t seen blood diamond – yeah I know he’s not nominated – but he SHOULD have been), but Whitaker’s performance is staggering. Nuanced, wide-ranging, and completely human. Sorry Peter O’toole – you’ll have to be happy with your consolation oscar.)

Got my hair cut. I’m back to a bob just above my shoulders. I think it looks better, and it’ll be easier to take care of on the road. I think its all back to my natural color too – I’ll have to check the ends at home tonight. Transfered a good chunk of my earnings to USAA.  Returned my shirts to Kiely’s. Have to go pack and finish my book. I have 2 out of the library (I think I have to return saving fish from drowning – damn! That’s the 3rd time I’ve gotten that out of the library and not read it. *sigh*). And I need to take 1 (thin) one with me on the road for hostel book swaps. I have Well-schooled in murder (from the library) Ooh! Who knew – Elizabeth George is from SF! Anyone know the plot chronology of her books? I’m on the 3rd one she released (and I just read a collection of short stories by her – pretty good), but I seem to remember someone saying that the plots jump around in time.
And from a popwatch blog about whether TV should stop premiering new indie music (haha! You thought I might actually have a post devoid of useless entertainment ramblings! Silly you.):
The O.C. has released six different Mixes in CD form. And yeah, it’s sometimes fun to Google a chunk of lyrics from the closing montages of Grey’s Anatomy or Scrubs to see what the hell is playing. But by and large, I’d much rather gape at the utter hilarity of a karaoke jam to Pat Benatar’s “We Belong” (The Office). And I’m generally much more impressed at eerie-fantastic time capsule choices like Cass Elliot’s “Make Your Own Kind of Music” on the Season 2 premiere of Lost (for me, that was one of the most awesome song choices ever) than a cool new tune slapped over one of the CSI “Behold, Science at Work!” montages. What say you? What music on TV gets you the most hot and bothered?

I must’ve listened to that Mama Cass song about 47 times after that episode. In reference to the article, I think it depends on the show. I like a lot of the music choices on CSI (particularly when they let Eric Szmanda choose) but they also had that awful John Mayer cameo that canceled out the coolness of cirque du soliel on the season 7 opener.

I should be more stressed than I am. hmmm… I must be forgetting something.

Go look at my photos! They’re here: http://community.webshots.com/user/jwdmeow my favorites are the ghost tour dark ones (in Ireland!). Chronologically the albums go Ireland1, Dublin Cathedrals, Ireland!.

Painted Black – Rolling Stones



Tags:

Comments are closed.