BootsnAll Travel Network



Feed me a cat.

Not much to report on from me. I watched some office and CRACKED UP. It amazes me that it’s funny enough to be laugh out loud even on repeat viewings. Plus EVERY EPISODE has 5-10 minutes of deleted scenes. Yay. 🙂 I still highly recommend the season 2 bloopers. Here and “You’re evil. Like a HOBBITT!
Ooh – Dexter is out on DVD! I wonder if that’s true for New Zealand… Also – I think the 3rd book is suppossed to be out now… Ah – there it is; Dexter in the Dark. Sept 18th. I hope its as good as the first. I thought Dexter was a tad slow on the uptake in the 2nd, although I still enjoyed it.
A family friend (my father’s college roommate’s daughter), Amber Rhett, swum the english channel on the 23rd. It took her 13 hours and 20 minutes. Yay her! I’m totally impressed.

I don’t know much about this (being out of the country and all) but apparently some republicans are trying to redistrict CA to steal electoral votes? Check it out here.

Choice of sculptor for Martin Luther King Jr. monument draws flak. Ok – I can kind of understand that some people would prefer an Asian-American sculptor, rather than a Chinese one, but if the sculptor is good, then shouldn’t the content of his character (or his artistic ability) win out?

Scrimgeour might be cut from HBP–but if he makes it in, David Yates wants Bill Nighy (according to this source).

Top 50 star scandals over at EW.com. I like this one; “the indie-movie version of the Brad-Jen-Angelina love triangle.” [I met him! And promptly lost my ability to speak English…]

Why I want to see an NC-17 movie. Okay – it would be good if NC-17 earned some respectability (I like Robert Ebert’s opinion about the ratings system) and I’m glad about Focus features’ decision not to bother cutting to an R. BUT I still think the bigger issue here is that sexuality instantly merits NC-17 while violence does not. Sin City would have achieved most of its audience with an NC-17, but it should have been harder for teenagers to see it. American Psycho had to cut down the three-way scene to get an R after it was slapped with an NC-17. Because lord knows it was the sex that offended people in that film. And, I’m sorry, it’s worse to have sex with 2 prostitutes than to fantasize about cutting them up with chainsaws?



Tags:

2 responses to “Feed me a cat.”

  1. Karen says:

    Amber swam the Channel. She now has swum the Channel. Sheesh! tenses, dear, tenses….

    Didn’t you learn ANYTHING from Eddie Izzard’s declension of “to hang glide”?

    They shouldn’t cut Scrimgeour, who’s one of my favorite characters, but he’s supposed to look leonine, which Bill Nighy does NOT!

    One site thinks Derek Jacobi does. I’m not so sure: http://www.britishcinemagreats.com/Actors_page/derek_jacobi/

    Benecio de Toro does, but he’s not a Brit. Also Nick Nolte, sometimes. Also Ryan O’Neal. Also John C. McGinley, when he has hair.

    Robert Shaw would have been PERFECT! Why are all the leonine actors dead?

    Is Richard Attenborough still alive? Jim Broadbent MIGHT be able to pull it off. Is Michael Caine too old?

    Oh, oh! I know! I know! Liam Neeson! Yes! Perfect.

  2. admin says:

    Yes, RIchard Attenborough is alive, but I think he retired from acting. Much as I love Derek Jacobi and would love to have him in the series… leonine? Maybe. After all, Cadfael was a former crusader… But I don’t really see it.
    I think Bill Nighy in a beard and wig would work. And is Tom Wilkinson American? He could maybe do it. I still like Bill Nighy best. Liam Neeson could do it – he’s commanding.

  3. Karen says:

    Liam Neeson w/b perfect. Even if his eyes are very blue, instead of tawny. But what the heck? Harry’s eyes are blue instead of green, in the movies.