BootsnAll Travel Network



Bourne

Well, the weekend was nice and relaxing. I watched some office (funny!), walked around town basking in the nice weather, and saw the Bourne Ultimatum (more on that in a sec). Today was my first day as receptionist on my own, so of course, we had an entire class show up that wasn’t booked. So that was exciting. However, we scrambled and got things together and the rest of the day was fine. That is, aside from the fact that I can’t get ANYONE at fedex customs on the phone. I’ve left 4 messages today. And they were originally suppossed to get back to me on Friday. Awesome.

So – the Bourne Ultimatum thoughts. Overall, it was awesome, and yet I was kind of left with the feeling that I should’ve liked it more, you know? (Much like when I visited St. Paul’s when I was looking at boarding schools). It is seriously tense the whole way through – it kicks off in the first scene. And there is an AMAZING sequence in Waterloo station towards the begining (although its a bit weird, narratively, to have such an awesome scene so early on). The reviewers aren’t kidding when they say to bring dramamine – the shaky cam editing was more jarring than in the other 2 films, and I think this might be one of the reasons I didn’t like it quite as much. Maybe seeing it a second time would improve the chase scenes. The whole plot is modern and relevant, which makes it interesting, if not such a ‘fun’ blockbuster like some others out this year. And there’s a fantastic scene for Matt Damon towards the end, acting-wise, but plot wise, Jason seems stunned to discover that he volunteered for this CIA program, which seems a bit dense to me. I mean, in 3 years, he didn’t guess that he signed up for it? And wasn’t he told that way back at the end of the first film, too? David Straithairn made a great and very plausable villain. Julia Stiles… well. I feel like she used to act better. I also feel like she used to have a career – seeing her in this, I thought, “what happened to her?” Still, she’s given sort of a crap part in this, and she doesn’t manage to do much with it.

In other tidbits; they use the same mody song for the credits (was it in the 1st film, too?) and we got the 2nd trailer for the Kingdom beforehand in which the Saudis KIDNAP JASON BATEMAN! No! Not Michael Bluth!!

That’s about it. I’m hanging at work till the last people leave (CALL, FEDEX!!) and then Scorpio books just got in Death; the high cost of living, so I’m gonna go pick that up, walk home, have some dinner, read it, and watch some more Office.

im in ur shadows… plottin my revenge. 

Rumor Alert: Hogwarts, the Musical, and a New Harry Potter Comic Relief Book?

An early positive review of Atonement.

Director’s Guild Just Says ‘No’ to Screeners. “Which sucks for smaller movies whose best chance at being seen at all is to send screeners to voters’ homes, of course.” – Cleolinda

Christian Bale in a leather jacket getting on a motorcycle. Meaning; more Dark Knight photos.

Box Office report (6 new films opened and none cracked the top 3).



Tags:

0 responses to “Bourne”

  1. Karen says:

    OK, I’m still stuck on “leonine”. Liev Schrieber! Why are all the craggy, lion-looking guys Americans?

    Gary Oldman or maybe even Kenneth Branagh could have pulled it off, if they hadn’t already used them (really badly, in Gary’s case) in the franchise.

    Even Michael Gambon would have been better as Scrimgeour than as Dumbledore…not that that’s saying much. He totally sucks as D.

  2. admin says:

    Well, I liked Michael Gambon in Azkaban. I liked Gary Oldman – he so crazy! And I think Michael Gambon will be more affecting in HP6 than the other guy would have been.

  3. Karen says:

    Gary Oldman is good at playing crazy, but that’s only a tiny part of Sirius. Once you get to know him (or once Harry does) he’s mostly sad. Deeply scarred. Very loving. And he’s supposed to be quite handsome.

  4. admin says:

    I think that came across. He was supposed to be handsome when he was younger. By the time Harry meets him, he’s supposed to be a shadow of his former self.