BootsnAll Travel Network



Edinburrrrrrrrrra

So I don’t remember where I left off. Maybe in York? Got to Leeds, met up with Ross (who is sporting his grizzly adams/ starving indie boy look), ran errands, watched a lot of MST3K and packed. Got up early this morning, trekked an hour to the train station (Ross lives pretty far away). 3 hour train ride up through some pretty country (especially the more north we got). Played lots of rummy and egyptian ratscrew.

Got into Edinburgh and started walking. We had booked into a highly recommended hostel, that we knew was a bit a of ways out of town. Well, our guidebook said it would be a 15 minute walk. 45 minutes later, we stop for directions in a store, and a cabbie tells us that we’ve got 20 minutes more at least, and then he gives us a ride. Turns out the hostel at the end of the world, is so out of city center that it is on the coast. Which means we have a lovely ocean view. And, it has won all sorts of awards with good reason. For normal dorm prices, Ross and I have a twin room, much like a hotel room. It has a bar with huge panoramic videos, a free movie theater, and a supermarket. And we have a bathtub! I’m totally excited.

Unfortunately, the long walk meant that we did not have a chance to go back into city center, so we’ll be doing our St. Paddy’s celebrations here (Here’s to the Irish CREAMING the Italians at rugby), but I think we can do all the royal mile tomorrow if we get an early enough start. Only if we decide to also go to the modern art museum would it be a problem. We did get to see lots of very cool architecture on our way out of the city. I think the castle will be a lot of fun.



Tags:

Comments are closed.