BootsnAll Travel Network



Daylight licked me into shape

I’ve finished putting up Ross’ columns over on blogger. Check em out; http://pokingbadgerswithspoons.blogspot.com/ (A personal fave is #42). There are a couple that are out of order, but they are all numbered.

I’m totally loving Amphigorey Again (shocking, I know). BUT! He mentions 47 in it like 4 times!! I don’t have it with me, but it’s true. Further proof that both Gorey and Pomona rock.

Oh my god – I love it. Amazon recommended it to me because I want the Tim Burton one.

Yet another good review of the Assasination of Jesse James. If you live in America and have the opportunity to go see this fantastic film when it comes out – GO SEE IT!!!!

The important bit of the review, “Then there are the three main roles, Dominik’s masterwork – Pitt, Affleck, and Sam Rockwell. No one mentions Rockwell when they’re talking about this film and I don’t know why. He plays Charley Ford and every strength that you’ve ever admired him for in other films is on display here. He’s the funny brother and the more trustworthy brother and the more mature of the Ford brothers and because of this, he’s asked to carry the powder keg of Jesse James around with him always afraid that it’s about to blow up in his face. The way that he laughs at Jesse’s jokes while being deathly afraid of the man is complex. It’s almost as complex as Affleck’s performance and there are times when I think that Charley is the more cowardly of the two brothers just because Affleck’s character is so naively sure of himself.”

From Cleolinda, “Keira Knightley: ‘I’m Twice The Size Of Most Hollywood Actresses.’ I love you, but now you’re just talking out of your tiny, tiny ass.”

Politics; Kristl passed on a peition about racial bigotry in Jena, LA (white students hung nooses on a tree to protest black students sitting under it. What fine, upstanding kids). Anyways, a white kid got beaten up for it, and now 6 black students have been charged with attempted murder, which is so ridiculously extreme, particularly as the victim was well enough to go to a party later that night. You can send a letter to the governor here.

Also; “Did you hear about Blackwater, the shadowy contractor in Iraq killing civilians?  The news reports are appalling.   Evidently, they are trying to open a private mercenary training camp in San Diego County.  I just signed a petition from Courage Campaign to stop them for moving in to California. Can you sign it too and help stop them?

More on why meat eating is bad for the environment; Is eating meat really the number 1 cause of global warming?

The on-going California vs. big auto fight, Companies asking for more regulation, DNA testing for chemical exposure, Hope for sushi eventually

musica; Just like heaven – AFI, Ziggy stardust – AFI, and Silver and Cold – AFI… it’s that kinda morning. 🙂



Tags:

3 responses to “Daylight licked me into shape”

  1. Julia Rosen says:

    Hey,

    Thanks for signing and then blogging about our petition.

    Julia
    -Courage Campaign

  2. admin says:

    Not a problem! I’ve been trying to post as much as possible about Courage Campaign, since it seems like you guys are doing great work and I’m not as involved in Californian politics as I’d like while I’m living abroad. Keep up the great work! I hope you get a lot of signatures on the petition.

  3. Karen says:

    I got to the site about the bear problem in the West. Did you know that CA now has about 30,000 bears, and that just a few years ago, they had less than half that many? I guess their only predators are grizzlys and humans.

    They’re getting “wilder”…. Bring back the grizzlys!

    Remembering our bear adventures, I hate to scare you, but an 11-year old boy was dragged out of his tent (in Utah).

    Of course, when you camp here on the East Coast, they don’t have that problem. No bears ate our car when Ross and I were in Maine!

  4. admin says:

    I’m scared of bears….

    WOOP-DER-DOO!!