BootsnAll Travel Network



Bah!

More on the emmys; Backstage at the emmys.. Highlight; “The always reliable Jon Stewart (star of Best Variety Series The Daily Show) delivered some necessary irreverence after the show itself had ended, but before all the winners had made it backstage. So, Jon, any comment on all the censorship in the telecast? ”Did they [air] when I said ‘cock’? I had a huge ‘cock’ bit.” What are your plans for hosting the Oscars next year? ”I’ll probably lay off the Brokeback Mountain stuff. It probably won’t get nominated again.” If you were to interview O.J. Simpson in jail, what would you ask? ”Wait, he’s in jail? For the Vegas thing? [Pause] Is this how it goes down, Capone? You kill two people and they get you for knocking over a room in Vegas?”” Speaking of which… I just… words fail me.

Live blog of the red carpet highlight; “7:04 p.m. Following up on Steve Carell’s comment that money has made him evil, Giuliana asks for specifics. “We don’t have any more cats in the neighborhood,” says wife Nancy Walls. Someone get this woman her own sitcom already!”

Live blog of the ceremony highlight; “8:33 p.m. Okay, I decided to keep blogging. But I’ve also started drinking. (Yes, it’s Riesling…as per usual.) (And it’s just one glass.) (That was for my editor.)” And “And if you’re bummed about tonight’s results, not to worry: We can decry them for the next 365 days, while getting our hopes up for the 2008 nominations and awards telecast, then start the whole wretched process all over again when Boston Legal and Tony Shalhoub take home all of next year’s prizes. Fun!”

Awww – the funniest guys around

I stopped by the electronics store to check on power cords (expensive, I’m currently standing up to type on my highly angled laptop, and I think it’ll stay that way for a while). Anyways, apparently they decided not to restock the black 30 gig ipods. So they’re going to give me an 80 gig one (in silver) for the same price. Sweet. This means I’ll be able to back up all my travel photos on it when I get home. Yay!

Patreus on Britney Spears

 

Good review of the Walker

 

And from Cleolinda; “Hungry bears plague US west after record drought. Stephen Colbert is not going to be happy about this.”

musica; Ziggy stardust- AFI, bouncing off clouds – Tori, Words – Kate Miller-heidke, the angry mob – Kaiser chiefs

 



Tags:

2 responses to “Bah!”

  1. Karen says:

    I liked this Emmy moment: “8:58 p.m. So Robert Duvall says the Western belongs uniquely to the people of this country. And then follows by thanking the good folks of…Calgary? Alrighty then!”

  2. Karen says:

    Honey, your Cleolinda link to the bear story didn’t work….

  3. admin says:

    That’s weird. It linked to itself. Try this: /http//news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070915/sc_afp/environmentuswildlifebears_070915081532 (of course, the important part is not the bears, but how Stephen Colbert feels about it).

    Yeah – the Assasination of Jesse James was shot in… Winnipeg? I think. Somewhere up in Canada. They have more areas that look like the old west, I guess.

    I’ve always liked Robin William’s jokes about Canada. Years ago it was “they seem like the nice people in the apartment over a really great party” and since Bush it’s been “the nice people in the apartment over the Meth lab”.