BootsnAll Travel Network



We Love Uzbekistan!! (1/16/06)

Our passports have arrived!!! For those of you who have spoken with us recently you’ve heard us bemoaning the Visa process and worrying that we might have to postpone our trip. Well, the passports came via FedEx this morning. THANK YOU UZBEK CONSULATE!!! They even covered the extra cost of Priority Overnight. This should reduce our stress levels tremendously. Now all we have to do is find our way to the airport.

Jeff’s parents threw a little Going-Away party at their place….We had a blast celebrating our upcoming adventure with a small group of friends and family. Thanks Mom and Dad and to everyone who joined us!!

Alright…back to the trip. We are leaving for Hong Kong on Thursday and 99.9% prepared (although only 50% mentally prepared..HAHA). Many of you have asked about our supplies, clothes, etc. so we laid everything out for you to see what we have for the next eight months. Yea, we know not a lot of stuff, but it’s not like you can plan an outfit-per-day for eight months. Instead we found three shirts, three or four pants, and a few tshirts that we really like. As we continue our journey we will let you know how this philosophy is working out. We (especially picky Jeff) can imagine there are going to be some items we love and others we wish we left at home.

Well, we have quite a few little things to wrap up, so wish us luck and stay tuned for last minute freaking out!!!



Tags: ,

6 responses to “We Love Uzbekistan!! (1/16/06)”

  1. G says:

    Huge. My faith is restored in all former Russian republics. For those of you who missed the going away party, JZ Sr. set a new Redmond record for most Buffalo wings purchased at the WingDome. There were six different kinds of 50 count boxes….no kidding. It was wingsanity.

    Plus, as you can see from the photos Jeff and Becca are packing enough for an overnight camping trip. Its insane. The best part of the trip is clearly when Jeff and Becca go to the discotecha in Peru in sandals, pants shorts and matching REI sage green tops.

    Who do i think I am talking to? Is there anybody out there?

  2. admin says:

    Hilarious G…..everybody loves a funny guy. We had a blast. Thanks to everyone for attending, especially Brian Findlay. His warmth and generosity are unparalled and comic genius could never be matched.

  3. Janelle says:

    Warmth and Generosity are we talking about the same guy? Well he did share his wings with me. I ended up eating all the wings in the take home bag the next night….wasn’t Brian supposed to eat those?

    Jeff, I don’t think Brian has seen your post yet….so get prepared.

  4. Andrew says:

    Wow, it’s amazing to think you will survive for eight months without a Seahawks #37 jersey! Great to see you are all set.

    Your going away party looked like a blast. Wine, fresh pasta and venison for dinner. You were taking photos of your dinner prior to cooking it…right? Kidding.

  5. Nolio says:

    J & B – just got back from Argentina, Chile, Uruguay…when you head that way, let me know and I’ll drop some knowledge. Safe travels…

  6. B's Mom says:

    Thought it was time you heard from one of the Mom’s. Whew! Becca and Jeff are finally off. As they head off on a trip of a life time those of us left here wish them wonderful times. What am I really thinking?…How can I go nine months without talking to my baby girl?….well ok, she is 30 now. Having them home for the last eight weeks has been such fun. For me it has been great seeing Becca and Amanda renew their sisterhood. Tuesday night dinners, pictures with Santa, decorating the house, Christmas with the whole family, listening to the plan and just being able to see them has been the best. To all of you that have graced Bec and Jeff with your friendship and love over the last years in Chicago….Thank you. We are very glad to have them home and hope that all of you hop a plane when they are back here in Seattle and come visit. To Bec and Jeff….be safe, love every minute, and take a few risks! Yes, that’s from your Mom.

    Love you both

  7. admin says:

    Hey everybody….we had a few Loonies to spare as we are sitting in the Vancouver airport waiting for the HK flight. Thought we would publicly congratulate Jane, Becca’s mom, on her first post. Good job Mom…..we will talk with everyone soon. our flight number is 839 on Cathay Pacific if you would like to follow our arrival into HK.

  8. Z's Mom says:

    It looks like my next eight months will be sitting in front of my computer emailing and blogging( is that a word?) so that i won’t miss you so much.
    We followed the flight through our night and were happy and thrilled you are in HK.Have a ball and enjoy every minute.
    I second B’s Mom on inviting Chicago friends to hop a plane and join us in 8 months. You all mean the world to Jeff and Becca and to us.
    J and B……get out there and enjoy the world….be safe…oxoxoxmom z

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *