BootsnAll Travel Network



What a great Steak!!

We did have a big meal for Thanksgiving, but after a fantastic workout which left me sore and a little tired, I was hungry!  Now I have been dreaming about a nice big piece of steak for a while now.  So I thought it was time to have one, figured I needed the protein and all.  Anyway I convinced Maryanne to go to a steak restaurant.  She is not a fan of red meat, but usually can find some chicken on the menu to satisfy her.  I found a Swiss restaurant that apparently does great steaks!  Boy they where not kidding, man was this thing good!  It was covered in this dark thick sauce and smothered in sauteed onions, the only thing that would have made this better is if they had ranch or blue cheese for the salad (ate it raw) and sour cream for the baked potato.  No matter I had red meat and bread to get all the left over sauce and onions I was in heaven.  Maryanne was surprised I didn’t lick the plate afterward, I was really tempted to say the least! But then again I barely left a drop of sauce as it was 🙂  The rest of the evening was spent people watching from Starbucks.  I tell you the people watching here is so much fun, we can’t help but laugh at some of the weird outfits, hair styles and whatnot. I have switched to drinking the house coffee, if I am lucky they have the Christmas Blend, very good stuff!  Cheaper and less calories!  Then back to the room to watch some tv and get some sleep.

To recap a bit, we met up with some friends on Saturday who we knew in Koh Tao and are working at the Gibbon Reserve.  She can’t dive for a while due to a punctured ear drum 🙁  It is killing her not to be in the water.  It was great to catch up with them at least for a day.

Saw the movie Twilight, it was pretty lame.  Maybe good for teenage girls, but a little too slow for most of the movie.  The end had some action, but heck I had popcorn and coke so I was happy!  Maryanne got all emotional and cried during part of it, just kidding she was pretty indifferent to the movie. I would say so since she only ate half her caramel popcorn! Usually if she is into the movie, I am not offered the rest of her popcorn.  It does help me to gauge what her reaction will be after the movie.  Good stuff to know when I make her watch movies like The Dark Crystal or Kung-Pow!

We have been monitoring the closure of the Airports in Bangkok by the protestors, not that we are planning to fly anytime soon, just to see where the unrest is spreading and it appears to be heading to Chang Mai.  At this point we are going to stay in Phuket till the end of the year and will probably head to Laos or Cambodia next.  Getting there by bus, seems to be the best bet at the moment.  Unless the situation gets worse then we might just hang around the islands on the west coast until things settle.  So I hope no one is worrying about us, we are fine.  Well except for potential problems from the British guys having a Stag party for one of their mates dressed as ladyboys with tight, ill-fitting, bright pink tops on.  I really think only the British would come up with something like that! 🙂



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *