BootsnAll Travel Network



Footie, Rugby and the Male touch

I am starting to see what all the craze is with European football, it gets quite intense to say the least.  Everytime I walk past a place that has a game on, I want to stop and watch regardless of who is playing.  Although I am a Manchester United fan, mostly because it was the first team I watched play a match when I was in Singapore in 03.  Silly reason I know, but it was an awesome match!  I also have developed a fondness for rugby, still don’t get all the rules, but working on that.  It is an incredible game to watch, very physical.  And if it is Rugby 7’s well then there is a lot of running to go along with the physical aspect of the game.  Really don’t know how those guys do it.  So of the two I think I enjoy watching Rugby more despite not knowing all the rules.  Just love the hits.  I guess to be a true european (based actually being from there, I know I am not but just go with me) I will need to love Cricket as well.  Now I will watch it (especially if it is the only sporting game playing), but I have absolutely no idea what is going on.  Even way less than Rugby, which is a little easier to understand and the commentators do help.  Cricket commentators suck, they assume everyone already knows what is going on and use the weirdest list of vocabulary when describing the game.  I so need to find someone who will sit down for a few hours and explain to me everything 🙂  Might have to buy someone a bunch of beer for that, not to mention a translator depending on person I ask.  Considering I am really bad understanding people with accents (its not blah blah blah, but it is all British, British, British to me 🙂 )

You are probably wondering why the heading included the words Male touch.. Well a few days ago Maryanne and I were discussing the thai men who are trying to be women.  My thinking is that as a man, it is normal to adjust oneself or just give a good ole scratch.  Women it is a guy thing, it makes us feel good. A bit like a good stretch.  Now the discussion was on whether “new” women or half women have to try hard not to scratch or adjust.  As it appears to be partly instinct for us men to do this, I mean not like seeing someone yawn and you have to yawn too, but just something we subconsciously as well as consciously.  So we thought about it for a few days, wondering what they do, it really was hard to say one way or another.  Last night we were out walking to find a minigolf course and as we were passing a section of bars that had names like Spartacus, Three Legged Bar, etc we saw a pretty lady reach down and give quite a manly scratch!  So apparently you can remove the parts, but apparently not the urge!  Amazing what you can see in Thailand!

Oh as for the minigolf, man it is tough to find a course here.  We found on the internet there was apparently one near the Holiday Inn at the south part of Patong.  Nope walked all over the place and could not find it!  I thought there might be one on the outskirts of town and again no such luck what a 2 hour walk to get there that was.  Then last night, after reading online that there was one near the Rock and Bowl center and Muay Thai Boxing Stadium we headed there.  Again no such luck!  So I think we will stop our search for a minigolf place.  Now we are thinking they might have been here at one point but are gone after the tsunami a few years ago.  Ah well what are you going to do! Oh yes a nice good cheap massage after a hard workout!



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *